Lurchers That Tree ???

ive two lurcher bitches which are really good at catching squirrels ,they will mark trees and tell me if there is one in the tree or if ones been there , i find quite often they play dead up the tree ,i carry a catapult and have some great sport on them , the ones i get go straight into the ferrets hutch , very interesting post

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely not like beef.  It's got a little more flavor to it.  If you get them out of the corn they are better but what isn't.  I got my last bear out of the big North woods and swamps and it was me

Rachel an American Leopard Hound and the best dog I've ever owned or been hunting with:

Well, if that's how you feel try this one on for size.  Some years ago two men we call Chief and Billy were out guiding another man on a bobcat hunt.  There were three dogs with that day.  They were P

Posted Images

I got you all now.  My lurchers don't make a sound on track.  Not even the whippet x Jagdterrier male.  I do have a stag x july hound that will open some but only when he's looking at a coyote on the run and only if he's having to give it everything he's got and he's still not catching.  Once in a while there'll be a coyote around here that has some real speed and just can't be caught.

As far as making a lurcher that trees, I would prefer that it be silent on track.  I'm going to sell off all of my lurchers that don't tree shortly.  The exception will be my first stag x BC pair.  Those I'll be keeping.  I just get on to well with those two and they are basically part of the family now. 

The other day I picked up a mtn.cur x border collie female and if she works out, I'm going to make another batch of lurchers and see if I can get something that trees well.

I wish I could send a litter of dead game squirrel dogs over there for you folks to play with.  I think you guys would be hooked!

• Like 1