Back at them

After a weekend off we were back at the rabbits, as we drove up to our destination it was making a perfect morning, a slight overnight frost, clear blue sky and just a slight breeze for a change. We had a spot in mind that we had seen rabbits bouncing about, only one problem it was steep, terrain more suitable to a mountain goat not the humble rabbit, but they were there so we were going to have a go at catching afew, our plan of attack was to get above them and push them into the warrens below us, so after a lung busting trek up hill it was time to drop down we're we had seen rabbits go ground, the first 2 setts produced 11 and an over enthusiastic lurcher, she was well and truley tangled up, I wasn't impressed to say the least! Onwards and upwards we went dropping onto occupied warrens, bolting rabbits in good numbers, with the odd dig thrown in, one place I had a Jill in and could see the ground moving, I had just turned the sod back to revile one bunny, tucked in behind him was his mate, 2 for the price of 1 

image.thumb.jpg.2aac3d588a6ecc1881cf59bcf17077dc.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c0223073f207fc78f6688fa364fa7ec3.jpg

we carried on like this until dinner time, bolting afew, digging afew, for the first time in 4 outings the lurcher could hear the subterranean   Thunder taking place under her feet, she caught afew before they hit the nets, on a perfect day we ended on 37 

image.jpg.d5b2ae9bc8b1ea5c4078845c78952950.jpg

only the long trek back to the van now fully loaded it took some doing 

image.thumb.jpg.0abdcc23c2bf7db0d2077e2d290facbf.jpg

until next time cheers Neil b 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...