Raw diet

6 minutes ago, MikeyMJL said:

Sorry mate, still confused. Was it minced carcass or minced chicken breasts?

Both mate the chicken mince is chicken meat and carcass mixed .he was also feed beef mince as well .it was just the bone from the carcass that blocked him up 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

Just now, Navek said:

Both mate the chicken mince is chicken meat and carcass mixed .he was also feed beef mince as well .it was just the bone from the carcass that blocked him up 

I’m not sure what to say really mate. I started my 8 week old pup off on whole chicken from Aldi for 2 weeks, then onto carcass, beef and offal. In the early days I gave the chicken a bash with a hammer to help him out, takes a few days until the craps become consistent when starting off.

1 minute ago, MikeyMJL said:

I’m not sure what to say really mate. I started my 8 week old pup off on whole chicken from Aldi for 2 weeks, then onto carcass, beef and offal. In the early days I gave the chicken a bash with a hammer to help him out, takes a few days until the craps become consistent when starting off.

To be honest I no loads people who feed just raw with no biscuits and there dogs do amazing .im not saying they don't .its just I had a bad experience with it so I'll always mix biscuits with raw..to be honest I feed buscuit and  raw mixed to the older dogs.think it's just my way but I wanted to feed the pup just raw however after my experience I'm just going stick with mixing it 

i no lads who feed chicken mince and mix it with goats milk when weening pups and they look cracking pups each to there own..if we all did everything the same it would be a big old boring world 

Just now, Navek said:

To be honest I no loads people who feed just raw with no biscuits and there dogs do amazing .im not saying they don't .its just I had a bad experience with it so I'll always mix biscuits with raw..to be honest I feed buscuit and  raw mixed to the older dogs.think it's just my way but I wanted to feed the pup just raw however after my experience I'm just going stick with mixing it 

i no lads who feed chicken mince and mix it with goats milk when weening pups and they look cracking pups each to there own..if we all did everything the same it would be a big old boring world 

It certainly would mate! For instance I’ve recently had a go with complete biscuits mixed in with mince, brown bread, oats, brown bread and weetabix for carbs in differing combos. Like a racing greyhounds diet. Did it for 2 months. Noticed a massive increase in energy/ eagerness, but his shit was like soft scoop ice cream all the time. Went back to raw, dogs calmer and his stamina and fitness didn’t dip at all. If anything he’s got more gas in the tank lately. He’s ready for a bit of weighted resistance in his hill sprints 

Nothing worse than sloppy shits..I no there are plenty of people out there who hate the idea of feeding biscuits .some people who just feed tripe some just chicken mince .supose you got to find out what works for you and your dog. 

Come winter time I do feed more tripe .i find it keeps a good back on a dog through cold winter .they will also get stuff I shoot and don't eat....rabbit,pheasant,duck,squirrel,left over Sunday dinner veg and meat,biscuits 

2 minutes ago, Navek said:

Nothing worse than sloppy shits..I no there are plenty of people out there who hate the idea of feeding biscuits .some people who just feed tripe some just chicken mince .supose you got to find out what works for you and your dog. 

Come winter time I do feed more tripe .i find it keeps a good back on a dog through cold winter .they will also get stuff I shoot and don't eat....rabbit,pheasant,duck,squirrel,left over Sunday dinner veg and meat,biscuits 

Tripe’s the only thing I can’t get for a decent price locally

17 hours ago, king said:

Its actually unnatural to feed a dog a raw diet unless it is a husky..

What makes you think that.?

If dogs have been domesticated for 20,000 years – it is only in the last 20 that we have thought that they need some kind of different diet to us.

Dogs evolved in a wide variety of environments through continuous interactions with humans. The one common factor in the domestication process is that the diet of the domesticated dog broadly replicates the diet of the human society in which it was domesticated. When humans ate a lot of seafood dogs ate a lot of seafood, when humans ate a lot of grains dogs ate a lot of grains.  When our ancestors on these islands used running dogs to supplement a diet of barley, milk and cabbage, the dogs ate barley milk and cabbage with a bit of meat, like the humans.

Essentially the carnivorous diet of the wolf changed during domestication to become to the omnivorous diet of the human. This can be seen in the DNA record of all current and historical dogs globally which have the gene to digest carbohydrates. (Wolves and pure bred Huskies don’t have this gene).

For most dogs a raw diet doesn’t cause too much problems – being omnivorous means you can get by eating a lot of meat or not eating a lot of meat.  But I do think it may be a problem for large greyhound type running dogs because these are the super athletes of canine world that have evolved a muscle and bone structures to make the most out of a diet of carbohydrates, fat and protein.