Raw diet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Give what'd a raw yas can get hunger makes the stomach warm to any flesh trust mean few days without and exercise will bring the worst grabbers to there sences seen all sorts fed ta dogs dead calves dead road kill the lot all top grub fa all dogs should eat what you choose ta feed emnot what they prefer.i ain't much fa perch prefer salmon but I'll eat the perch if this nought else.atb bunnys.

I

I like to feed raw I’ll literally feed anything the dogs are willing to eat but one thing I won’t feed is a lot of meat off bone if I know I’m going to be out running the dog on the lamp. the night before if I know I’m going out the following night it’d be a meal on the lines of green tripe minced beef an a small amount of minced offle.....that’s how I do things I personally wouldn’t want to run a dog for all it’s worth with a gut full of pascal digestied sharp bones I know I’ll probably get blasted by the Lurcher world experts for this comment with a reminder of dogs in the wild ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I like to feed raw I’ll literally feed anything the dogs are willing to eat but one thing I won’t feed is a lot of meat off bone if I know I’m going to be out running the dog on the lamp. the night before if I know I’m going out the following night it’d be a meal on the lines of green tripe minced beef an a small amount of minced offle.....that’s how I do things I personally wouldn’t want to run a dog for all it’s worth with a gut full of pascal digestied sharp bones I know I’ll probably get blasted by the Lurcher world experts for this comment with a reminder of dogs in the wild ? 

I wouldn't worry about the bone in the gut but if you want to get a dog to run as fast as it could then fast you need to feed it carbohydrates. Dogs have evolved from Wolves. During this journey dogs evolved to eat broadly the same food as us. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned feeding their dog stale brown bread and tripe. Add a bit of bone and some fat and bingo 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, poxon said:

Your right pox on  I feed the same mainly tripe quick easily digested fuel plenty fat on it top with chicken or lamb beef ,it's worked fa decades fa me . These animals used ta grain type completes have usually been raised on them same has there sire and dam .its what they become accustomed two don't mean it's best for them turn the round with flesh raw diet takes a while to convert there bodies accordingly and see the difference not only on conditionn but also on performance .atb bunnys.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, PJCaswell said:

I wouldn't worry about the bone in the gut but if you want to get a dog to run as fast as it could then fast you need to feed it carbohydrates. Dogs have evolved from Wolves. During this journey dogs evolved to eat broadly the same food as us. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned feeding their dog stale brown bread and tripe. Add a bit of bone and some fat and bingo 

What would you say the percentage of carbohydrates id have to feed per sitting to my dogs to get the best out of them I try An stick to 80% meat 10% bone 10% offle as a rule but I’m always willing to learn an try different things to see if there’s any better ways of doing things 

15 hours ago, poxon said:

DCF6012C-4D95-477A-A4F0-8ABD467BA2B9.png

Who the hell would feed their dogs cucumber? Seriously! It's nearly all water, the skin is hard as feck to digest for humans, let alone dogs, and the  amount of minerals it contains is negligible. 

25 minutes ago, poxon said:

What would you say the percentage of carbohydrates id have to feed per sitting to my dogs to get the best out of them I try An stick to 80% meat 10% bone 10% offle as a rule but I’m always willing to learn an try different things to see if there’s any better ways of doing things 

Fat is more important than carbs, but I've noticed that dogs with Saluki in their breeding seem to need more carbs than those who are Saluki-free. Increase fat content if the dog is working hard or you'll see the weight drop off them. If it's got Saluki in it then add more carbs. There's no hard and fixed rule for feeding any dog as each individual has slightly different needs depending on age, temperament, work load etc. Best to use your eyes and hands to assess a dog's condition. If it starts to show too much rib or tires quickly then increase fat or carbs or both. Dogs fed entirely on meat alone will be lacking.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PJCaswell said:

I wouldn't worry about the bone in the gut but if you want to get a dog to run as fast as it could then fast you need to feed it carbohydrates. Dogs have evolved from Wolves. During this journey dogs evolved to eat broadly the same food as us. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned feeding their dog stale brown bread and tripe. Add a bit of bone and some fat and 

2 hours ago, skycat said:

Fat is more important than carbs, but I've noticed that dogs with Saluki in their breeding seem to need more carbs than those who are Saluki-free. Increase fat content if the dog is working hard or you'll see the weight drop off them. If it's got Saluki in it then add more carbs. There's no hard and fixed rule for feeding any dog as each individual has slightly different needs depending on age, temperament, work load etc. Best to use your eyes and hands to assess a dog's condition. If it starts to show too much rib or tires quickly then increase fat or carbs or both. Dogs fed entirely on meat alone will be lacking.

That’s what I thought But was interested in the carbs benefit as it was bought up I’ve no problems how or about feeding raw I think I’ve mastered it I can understand about Salukis or heavy saluki blooded dogs as in Arab countries I bet there main diet would be a high carbohydrate base diet based on the types of food Arabs eat.the same said about dogs fed entirely on chicken frames I bet there poo is like talcum powder an calcium levels through the roof  

1 hour ago, skycat said:

I agree 

• Like 1