Raw diet

10 minutes ago, socks said:

Stainless steel is non reactive so it's fine mate .... they come off the sf50 when their not working hard mate but the pup will be on it daily until she is around 14 months .......

Cheers Handy to know used it alot for both birds and dogs until someone told me it reacts with metal.

regards supplements many others use them ? I use a small amount of Ultimate oil every now and then.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, socks said:

The thing is with supplements they need to be used constantly to be of any use ... they have to be built up in the system .........

Well ive been told its the other way around to see there effects you need a break from them ? Its not something im familiar with im a great believer in good diet excersise and rest when needed bieng better than any supplement but find it interesting.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
On 12/11/2017 at 21:06, Pirate 9000 said:

I've fed chicken carcass for years with no problem, about 6months ago I got a supply of whole chicken so minced more for convenience than anything, quite a few dog lads get it off me know and I was surprised at how many lads had large vets bill s from feeding carcass, I even have a vet who has mince off me and said he would never feed chicken carcass to his dogs.

Fed my pup on chicken mince/ Caracas within two days he was in the vets had stay in for couple days all his intestines were blocked up full of bone. When he came out I feed him a quality puppy buscuit soaked and tripe he's back on chicken mince now but I always feed it with buscuit so there is enough wasted to bring out the undigested bones. Me personally I'd never feed a pup just on raw but that's me..I spoke to a mate of mine when mine was in vets and one of his mates pups was in the vets at the same time and the bones had punctured the intestines and the pups passed away .

2 hours ago, Navek said:

Fed my pup on chicken mince/ Caracas within two days he was in the vets had stay in for couple days all his intestines were blocked up full of bone. When he came out I feed him a quality puppy buscuit soaked and tripe he's back on chicken mince now but I always feed it with buscuit so there is enough wasted to bring out the undigested bones. Me personally I'd never feed a pup just on raw but that's me..I spoke to a mate of mine when mine was in vets and one of his mates pups was in the vets at the same time and the bones had punctured the intestines and the pups passed away .

2 days of nothing but carcass will make any dogs shite like rocks. I do that if he’s had something rich that hasn’t agreed with him, 2 days of carcass then back to his normal grub.

You to feed meat too, mine will have 550g for dinner. This comprises of 220g carcass, 300g beef and 30g liver with a bit of oil.

2 minutes ago, MikeyMJL said:

2 days of nothing but carcass will make any dogs shite like rocks. I do that if he’s had something rich that hasn’t agreed with him, 2 days of carcass then back to his normal grub.

You to feed meat too, mine will have 550g for dinner. This comprises of 220g carcass, 300g beef and 30g liver with a bit of oil.

It says chicken mince/Caracass .there was meat .chicen mince and chicken carcass as well as veg 

should of worded it better 

41 minutes ago, socks said:

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, socks said:

I'll tell my pup that next time he in the vets then ??

49 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Navek I would of thought mince must have gone through a large plate to of caused a problem with your pup,I mince all my chicken through 8 mill plate, all chicken mince should be fed with minimum of 20% biscuit to help with digestion

No idea all I no is that I bought the chicken mince wich contains chicken mince with a % of carcass so it's meat and carcass .was also giving him shop Baugh beef mince and mixed it with mixed veg .he still ended up in the vets ... 

pups might not need buiscuits mixed mixed with there mince they may well do ....however I'll always mix biscuits with raw that's just my way of doing it .might not be the best but it works for me 

4 minutes ago, socks said:

Please tell me how feeding biscuit along with chicken carcass helps digest the meal better ??? 

f**k noes I'm not a vet.. however I fed my pup chicken mince with a % of carcass in it .he digested everything bar the bones so when he came to have a shit he couldn't pass it .he now is feed the same chicken mince with buscuit mixed in and when he has a shite some bone pass out with the waste  of the biscuits..........and sweet corn love lol 

maybe I shouldn't of quoted you directly and jumped the gun a little and not read it properly ,as in your post you were referring to pirate post that it helps digest where I don't think it so much digesting it was more of a case of helping to pass the undigested bone in the biscuits waste