Raw diet

Whilst raw minced bone and meat has got to be better than a complete food, feeding only mince kind of defeats one of the objects of feeding raw:  that of getting a dog to chew its food, which cleans its teeth and exercises the jaw. I can understand why some people, if they've had a bad experience of feeding bones in the past, might not want to give carcases or raw bones, but without chewing on stuff like that the dog will still end up with brown, plaque-covered teeth. If I was at all worried about a dog swallowing a bone whole (wing, for example) I'd feed the dog quietly away from other dogs and give it a stripped chicken carcase. Only the most inbred, substandard dog would fail to digest the soft bones of a domestic chicken, which is killed at only a couple of months and the bones still soft.

• Like 3

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

Feeding mine on chicken mince mixed with dry biscuits. Biscuit helps keep teeth clean.also get rabbits ( when we're lucky catch any lol) also fed shot squirrel and pigeon. Don't bother feed tripe unless it's really cold due to the smell of the stuff lol .local abattoir sells full tripe belly couple quid cut it up in chunks bag it freeze it 

Mine get  , Raw and cooked mince  whole chunks  which i sometimes cook  for the older dogs  as much ribs and knuckle bones as they want , But they wont touch raw liver or kidneys . The older dogs will eat veg , biscuits etc but the pups won't even try them 

4 hours ago, Navek said:

Feeding mine on chicken mince mixed with dry biscuits. Biscuit helps keep teeth clean.also get rabbits ( when we're lucky catch any lol) also fed shot squirrel and pigeon. Don't bother feed tripe unless it's really cold due to the smell of the stuff lol .local abattoir sells full tripe belly couple quid cut it up in chunks bag it freeze it 

Biscuits don' clean their teeth mate, probably the opposite.

• Like 3

I've fed chicken carcass for years with no problem, about 6months ago I got a supply of whole chicken so minced more for convenience than anything, quite a few dog lads get it off me know and I was surprised at how many lads had large vets bill s from feeding carcass, I even have a vet who has mince off me and said he would never feed chicken carcass to his dogs.

The chicken carrcasses i get are called bones from the butcher he sells them to restaurants to make stock from  there just the backs of the chickens  but with them being killed at is it 18 weeks there still soft 

I feed chicken carcasses and raw its a great diet and keeps the insides healthy but just be aware that to much bone can dry them out and block them up, although this can be solved by adding a little olive oil.

what was the vet bills for pirate?

Fed chicken carcass fa yrs no ill affects other than maybe to often they gat a wee bit firm tripe or lights and meat sorts this just feed a piece with flesh,they no different than any other bone but perhaps softer  I feed them frozen and they fine. The only downfall ta carcass I find not much flesh one and they take room up in the freezer better minced they pack better.atb bunnys.

5 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Greedy terriers are my worry with carcasses.

Nothing trenches any worse than jaz she will swallow stuff whole but swallowing  bone usually means it takes far longer to digest it thoroughly and hangs in them a day longer seen here swallow small rabbitsl the greedy fecker her ,still healthy no cause ta see the vet  get the tripe in em all that acidity breaks anything down .atb bunnys

• Like 1