Raw diet

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve gone back to feeding all raw after trying a racing greyhound style diet, dabbling with complete mixed in and carbs. My dog had soft shit the whole time. I use this site as a guide https://perfect

Chicken mince doesn't need to be fed with biscuits to be digested that's a load of nonsense. 

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down. I've got 1 of the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I'm very suspicious of feeding chicken wings or legs now tbh. Greedy terriers seem to guzzle them down too fast without chewing them.

I had a bitch a few year back that died in strange circumstances, I always thought it was an infection from a bad fox bite but the raw chicken bones played on my mind too. I also know of another lad that gave his dog a chicken wing and when he went back out a few hours later the dog was dead, had swallowed it without chewing and choked on it.

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down.

I've got 1 of these now it's very handy as there's a small hammer bit on the back.now I can smash boney meat and chop with the same tool.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Always feed raw, I use just natural complete minces, they are really chunky unlike a lot of others which are too much like paste and also feed wings and carcasses. 

Also I never understand why people feed their dogs and don’t watch until they have finished and then accidents won’t happen. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, king said:

I've fed chicken wings for 25yrs and never had a problem RH.with pups I used to smack them a good few times with a lump hammer on a chopping block.so the pups can get them down.

I've got 1 of these now it's very handy as there's a small hammer bit on the back.now I can smash boney meat and chop with the same tool.

s-l300.jpg

I always have a bag of gain 28 in because I do forget to defrost the raw food for the dogs but I also use it as s mixer also. I have a local butchers where I get beef mine 5lb for £1.25 I use another place for the rest of my raw which is lamb, tripe, chicken carcus, ducks neck, heart liver etc and they also sell a few of there mixed meat packs also which is mostly a combination of two meats.   I fill my freezer with mackerel thro the summer and that tends to last me all winter also.

I also like to feed all table scraps even if be a take away.     Veg when ever I can and I like to chuck in a tin of plum tomatoes at least once a week (I don't realy know why but I remember an old greyhound man telling me it was good for them). I also give them bones every couple of weeks and I have lamb lac powder that I also give as a drink one every other week as a source of calcium keep there bones and teeth strong 

• Like 2