Ferret housing during winter

Hi guys

this will be my first winter with ferrets and I was wondering if any of you guys move your ferret cage into the shed or garage etc when the weather gets really cold?

with the weather turning I have already made sure that they constantly have a full nest of hay but I wasn’t sure what to do when it gets mega cold

BBB

• Like 1

As long as there dry in a draught free hutch they will be fine . i like them to get as much sun , daylight  s the season produces start putting  them in a shed you put a light on to fed them it can start mucking up there seasons . they start coming into season early when you need them out ferreting  

It's the heat that's a killer to ferrets not the cold blueboybilly As said plenty of straw in the cage or court facing out of the wind this combined with there winter coat they will be fine and can cope with quite extreme cold. In the summer the opposite change betting to wood shavings keep cage in shade if poss if not face the back of the cage to the sun