Finding homes for shot birds

We shoot twice a week between me and my friend 120 bird day each duck and partridge are sold to local pubs but are pheasants are Kansas cross and there just skin and bone but good flyers so we boil them up and mince them make dog food my 8 haven't had dry food since start of season and everyone in village with ferrets come and get a bucket full yes it's labour intensive but if we don't start utilising the game that's been shit it will be the demise of all shoots.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How the industry and greater sport adapts to this problem will be a large factor in it's future survival! If the consumer continues to demand big days with harvesting the meat of secondary or no

Just a little off topic , in season i pick and sell a lot of the fungus called BLEWITS i usually do well in the first two weeks of November , over the last few years the market for these has diminishe

YOU WILL SELL THEM AT MELTON MARKET UP TILL XMAS AFTER THAT THEY WILL NOT GET A BID  , AT THAT TIME LAST THEY MADE TEN PENCE A BRACE BUT YOU HAD TO BUY 50 BRACE AT A TIME AND A LOT REMAINED UNSOLD