Hallo! Looking for lurcher advice.

Hi there

So I might be in the wrong forum place entirely, or even the wrong forum. If I am please accept my apologies. I'm looking to get a lurcher that's deerhound x greyhound X border collie x whippet. Never kept lurchers before, kept collies. But where I'm living now it's rabbit galore and lots of legspace. So I'm looking for a dog along the lines I outlined but I'd be happy with any shaggy haired lurcher that's not too tall with a strong showing of the collie. Where would you go to look for such a thing yourself? There's some few I found through Google but I'm hoping somebody out there must favour the style of dog I'm after and be known for producing good strong ones. Anybody out there any ideas?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, SeanET said:

Hi there

So I might be in the wrong forum place entirely, or even the wrong forum. If I am please accept my apologies. I'm looking to get a lurcher that's deerhound x greyhound X border collie x whippet. Never kept lurchers before, kept collies. But where I'm living now it's rabbit galore and lots of legspace. So I'm looking for a dog along the lines I outlined but I'd be happy with any shaggy haired lurcher that's not too tall with a strong showing of the collie. Where would you go to look for such a thing yourself? There's some few I found through Google but I'm hoping somebody out there must favour the style of dog I'm after and be known for producing good strong ones. Anybody out there any ideas?  Thanks.

Try the Hancock lurcher website mate 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, remyd said:

bearded collie x maybe?

Prefer border just because I'm hoping to put him with a mate who's a shepherd for a bit to see if he's any use and get him used to behaving around sheep. My mate will be already looking down his nose at the lurcher, the border collie is the shot at recognition and redemption.