What Camera

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a camera, mainly for family events, social gatherings, a bit of hunting/wildlife, etc.

I'm looking for some advice as to what would be a good camera at a reasonable price.

What should I be looking out for when buying and where is a good place to buy online?

Can you pick up good cameras second hand is there any risk in buying second hand?

Thanks for your help.

Get a good quality compact camera you can fit in a pocket. The images the higher end ones produce are comparable to a DSLR's if you're looking at computer screen size. If you need to lug a DSLR around whenever you want to take a picture, you'll end up leaving it and just using your camera phone.

• Like 2

I'm very pleased with a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ150 bridge camera, has 24 times zoom. I could not afford a good body with 600mm zoom lens  so went for that. This camera has been superseded which has a bigger chip with gives good results, my brother in law has one and i'm impressed with the results he gets.

Cheers Arry