Great Neighbours!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we moved into this place maybe 18 months ago & our neighbours on one side have been really great, but today the thing I've been dreading for a while happened! My terrier got under their fence &

Reckon he wiped his knob round the bottle  lol 

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens. She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman. when I first moved here my

21 hours ago, WILF said:

My nearest neighbour is an Austrian couple about 3/4 mile down the road and they keep goats and chickens.

She has a reputation as a very hard nosed type of woman.

when I first moved here my old lurcher and terrier took themselves for a walk down the road and wound up in their yard with the chickens.

She was absolutely hysterical, so I let her go on for a while and said “I’m very sorry this has upset you, if anything is dead come round, tell me what is dead and I will replace everything 2 for 1”

She looked at me like I was joking......and started to go on again so I said “no, I’m serious, 2 for 1 and the very best of whatever you want.....you will have it next day”

I went up there the following morning and asked her what was dead......nothing she said, I just got a bit panicky.

so I said, “well give it a couple of days and if anything dies unexpectly and you think it’s my fault just come and tell me”

and that was the end of it.......she has been nice as pie ever since, the locals can’t beleive it because to everyone else she is a ball breaker ! 

That's the way to treat people. In life you generally get back what you give out.

• Like 2

Round there yesterday with beer & a specially made-up box of chocolates. She didn't want to take them & Insisted I should come round & drink the beer with her husband!

They also have a great vet it seems. Who gave them the same advice over the phone I did without coming out & charging them money for old rope. So I got away with a vets bill as well.....;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

E-Collar arrived today from my mate. Shit just got real for Otto.......:laugh:

glad it worked out for you, but easiest  solution , is the dogs stay in a kennel and run, and  put up better fence, you might think extreme , but it not mate  bad  neighbours  can be a nightmare , better to   keep your self to your self , that way then .NO neighbour  can have anything on you .:yes:   

2 minutes ago, bird said:

glad it worked out for you, but easiest  solution , is the dogs stay in a kennel and run, and  put up better fence, you might think extreme , but it not mate  bad  neighbours  can be a nightmare , better to   keep your self to your self , that way then .NO neighbour  can have anything on you .:yes:   

It happened because I had him loose bird, which was regular. The fence is pretty good, but a couple of places he could scramble under. I just can't take that risk again & I like him loose when I'm about, which is every day & if he got loose when I'm not about it would be carnage. So I'll try the collar now.

My question would be, as a responsible bloke like you seem, how did the dog have the means to get under the fence to start with, you say you dreaded it happening, now be a decent neighbour yourself and put things in place so it can't happen.

fair play to next door though, they handled it properly, just make sure you do your part

16 minutes ago, Rabid said:

My question would be, as a responsible bloke like you seem, how did the dog have the means to get under the fence to start with, you say you dreaded it happening, now be a decent neighbour yourself and put things in place so it can't happen.

fair play to next door though, they handled it properly, just make sure you do your part

It's like this mate. It's their fence. I have my garden split in three. In the middle section I have my dog tethered to a 20m running line. He is secure throughout the day. During the day I take him lose down the last bit which borders the goat paddock. It's on a slope, so I throw a ball for him to retrieve back up the slope for fitness. I got talking to the neighbour over the fence & took my mind off him & he got under. Unsupervised he would not of had the chance, but I can't risk it again.

There's a couple spots I'll look at, but I'm not spending money on their fence. I'd rather make sure he wants nothing to do with that goat again. I'll arrange to go in there with him on a long line & the collar,

Edited by Accip74

Pity you could not locate a billy goat which takes no nonsense for dogs. Pen them together for five minutes. Hey presto. Once had a daft lurcher that was cured of a sheep problem that way. Good luck with the collar. 

• Like 1