Black Pudding

33 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Ah good combination for a roll.

It looked nice at least. He brought some Scottish white pudding with him last time too. Nothing like the Irish white pud I know and love. I'm used to slicing it into a frying pan and having it with fried eggs. The stuff he brought looked similar was a lot drier, more sort of haggis consistency and fell to bits in the pan. Tasty though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made haggis quite a few times but the wife doesn't like it even though she's never tasted it, although she has watched me making it, so fair enough I suppose. I don't use the stomach, it's just not vi

Some of the white bits are barley but most is top quality pork back fat, which I would save especially for the puddings. I have made black puddings without the fat and they are severely lacking I

Now, don’t all groan and call me a right wing nutter but I much prefer white pudding ! 

Posted Images

Yea most scots only buy a full round haggis @burns night. most common is what mr gains makes.  You mostly buy it by the slice.  Along with black pudding and square sausage. Dont like white pudding or fruit pudding.

@mr gains that looks very good mate. Respect for making you're own. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

lets get this cleared up.....ITS NOT RAW......ITS NOT RAW......ITS NOT RAW.............ITS ALL READY COOKED...IF IT WAS RAW....IT WOULD JUST BE BLOOD.....

It would be a SCAB.

There is a stall at Brum Meat and Fish Market that sells  good Black Pudding and he has lot of rosettes up from competitions from all over europe that he has won , i asked him what made a good pudding  and he said its down to the fat you use ,i think he called it COD FAT AND WAS FROM AROUND THE Pigs Kidneys ,Seasoning  and the Casings were important but it was how the fat rendered while it was being  cooked and he like me  liked it steamed .

2 hours ago, scothunter said:

Haggis is made from offal and oats with spices. 

I know to some it seems bad, but it is actually very nice. 

Can you explain the difference between red , white and black pudding to them , they wont get it , its a scottish thing ?.