Black Pudding

No offense mr gain but thats the type i hate. And i notice its always down south you get it. When i worked down there and staying in various digs i passed on the black pudding as it always had those wee white bits in it lol gave me the boak!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made haggis quite a few times but the wife doesn't like it even though she's never tasted it, although she has watched me making it, so fair enough I suppose. I don't use the stomach, it's just not vi

Some of the white bits are barley but most is top quality pork back fat, which I would save especially for the puddings. I have made black puddings without the fat and they are severely lacking I

Now, don’t all groan and call me a right wing nutter but I much prefer white pudding ! 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ginger beard said:

when you make your own,what casing do you use.?

for the tied 'horseshoe' I used natural large hogs casings, and for the large puddings I use synthetic (plastic non-shrinkable 100mm). They have a loop clamped in one end with a hog ring and you just tie the other end with butchers twine, purchased them from scobies.

59fd93079d1b4_plasticcasing2.JPG.0e54befe23b0e8cb2a69200924b13ec2.JPG

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ginger beard said:

i collect blood for farmers to make black pudding.

problem is when you stun a pig they lose control of there body's functions.

your collecting blood from the neck and the dirty pig is spunking everywhere.running down there belly into the bucket.lovely

f****n gross:bad:. Does this not put you black pudding fans off eating the stuff?:fool:

22 minutes ago, scothunter said:

No offense mr gain but thats the type i hate. And i notice its always down south you get it. When i worked down there and staying in various digs i passed on the black pudding as it always had those wee white bits in it lol gave me the boak!

Some of the white bits are barley but most is top quality pork back fat, which I would save especially for the puddings.

I have made black puddings without the fat and they are severely lacking IMO. In the photo the ones at the front have the casing removed.

blackpuddings2.jpg.43c7ed42c65f9b6c0219864a85dc10a2.jpg

The dried blood I use comes from a supplier in East Kilbride

I know what you mean about the 'boak', I'm the same with commercial sausages and most 'minced' products.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Haggis is made from offal and oats with spices. 

I know to some it seems bad, but it is actually very nice. 

Hearts and lungs mashed up in a sheep's stomach. Tasty as it sounds. :bad:

Just now, scothunter said:

You ever tried it?

Lol. Yeah, each time Jim comes down. I HAVE to have a bit to prove to him I really don't like it.  He had Trish eating haggis and black pudding rolls for breakfast.  :laugh:

Made haggis quite a few times but the wife doesn't like it even though she's never tasted it, although she has watched me making it, so fair enough I suppose. I don't use the stomach, it's just not viable, but use synthetic casings enough for one hearty portion. 

When I asked the smallholder to get me the lamb's pluck she didn't have a clue what I was on about and I had to explain:icon_eek: Very tasty end product indeed.

haggis1.jpg.7203f579024963f6c42fa6254fe03d35.jpg

haggis14.jpg.b085d9374ef21331505e5be98c13a258.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1