Long net set up help

I was buying a ferret hutch off my old boss when his dad died (his dad done the ferreting not my boss). He gave me two nets, there was no poles or anything with them and he knew nothing about them.  how would I go about setting them up for use? Do they need a drawstring put around the edge of them? A while back Cut a load of hazel and let it dry to possibly use as poles could i use these? Theyre just 2 long rectangular nets.

You will get away with using hazel rods for a bit, but they can snap when a rabbit hits the net sometimes, so have plenty spare. If your permissions on hard ground also you more than likely wont be getting natural poles into the ground either. Your probably better off buying decent poles and turning them into a quick set system. 

Reading your reply i think you have two short nets ?.To give you a 100% bagging you need to set them on 25 yards and 15 yards of draw cord and put a peg at the start then roughly every five steps and one at the end  your hazel will work so does dowelling but it looks a bit unprofessional 

1 hour ago, desertdog said:

Never had a problem myself with hazel,just make sure you dry them ,they dry hard,I just replace as needed,not very often,hope that helps.forgot to say I run,100yd& 50yd,both pre set,

Yea ive had the hazel from august 2016 so im sure they will be well dried now

11 minutes ago, The one said:

Reading your reply i think you have two short nets ?.To give you a 100% bagging you need to set them on 25 yards and 15 yards of draw cord and put a peg at the start then roughly every five steps and one at the end  your hazel will work so does dowelling but it looks a bit unprofessional 

How do i set the draw cord, do i run it through the bottom of the net and peg it to the ground? or run it right around the outside edges of the net? ive never worked with them before so im green to using them. As for looks wise im not too worried, the perms im on they wouldnt worry as long as rabbits are caught lol

You need to get two end pins  thread it threw the first pin then along the top and bottom of the net then threw the second pin at the other end  the cord should be free running so melt or bond the two ends together 

• Like 1