How much ?

On 11/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, johnpee said:

I would pay £500 or £1000 price is f**k all for a genuine working dog but would have to see the dog graft a few times before I’d part with my hard earned cash. That’s what pissed me off yesterday mans trying to sell a dog for £500 and not allowing a trial even if it was only £200 I’d still want a trial after all it’s my hard earned cash am handing over and wouldn’t like to think someone was trying to have me over selling me a jacker 

If I had advertised the dog for £200, I would have had to answer umpteen private messages on here from gobshytes, then giving out my number to anyone and I mean anyone,  asking me all sorts of questions,  like why is it only £200 ? whether it would do the others?? what's it done, how's it bred, how many have I dug with it, have to have a trial to see it work etc etc... You missed the point, I said Guaranteed, my word is good, if the dog was a jacker I wouldn't be selling it. The dog's gone to a good home, he will get worked and I will get updates on it.. if my circumstances change I would gladly give £500 for any  good dog.. each to their own. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, donnyc said:

Dogs been dug to already and the mans happy with it..Everyone wants something for nought and saying its too expensive LOL  idiots site dont change much at all ...

Not many said it was too expensive to be fair.the fact it was no trial was the problem.anyway its sold.goodluck to who ever bought it

1 hour ago, swanseajack said:

If I had advertised the dog for £200, I would have had to answer umpteen private messages on here from gobshytes, then giving out my number to anyone and I mean anyone,  asking me all sorts of questions,  like why is it only £200 ? whether it would do the others?? what's it done, how's it bred, how many have I dug with it, have to have a trial to see it work etc etc... You missed the point, I said Guaranteed, my word is good, if the dog was a jacker I wouldn't be selling it. The dog's gone to a good home, he will get worked and I will get updates on it.. if my circumstances change I would gladly give £500 for any  good dog.. each to their own. 

You said guaranteed so your word is good and it just might be but from someone who does not know you your word guaranteed doesn’t mean much as there is 100s of lads out there that would say the same but yet there dogs shit. Not saying that’s you but you get the point I’m trying to make. As for money who cares how much it cost if it is doing the graft it’s worth it’s weight in gold. but you can’t sell a working dog without a trial. No trial to me makes me think that person is trying to pull the wool over my eyes because if it’s grafting and I mean grafting not just a couple of digs a season dog sed person should be more then willing to trial it out. I know where your coming from about messers and the constant messages it does your head in but that’s part and parcel of selling dogs theys days everyone wants to be a nosey c**t but don’t really want to buy. Am glad you’ve found the dog a new home hope it gets plenty work and you and man who bought it are happy atb ?

• Like 2

Been offered an open check twice for a working terrier'never sold either of them,in fact gifted one to my pal when the time was wrong?But just ponder on this 4 a moment not knocking anybody but the DORSET DIDDLER use to sell pups 4 £1200 and its been quoted that only 1 in 50 would work brock so in theory it could have cost you £62.000 to get the dog u want. three dogs on at the moment and not a penny spent acquiring them. RIGHT CIRCLES 

• Like 2

this shows why so many dog thefts happening, whilst a lot on here say money no problem when buying a working dog, how many thieves are seeing this and rubbing theyre grubby hands together with an eye on your own dogs.  if there wasn't any money in working dogs them no point in nicking them. its a tough one.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, donnyc said:

Dogs been dug to already and the mans happy with it..Everyone wants something for nought and saying its too expensive LOL  idiots site dont change much at all ...

Nothing to do with wanting something for nothing mate .There are still loads of lads on here that have never paid a penny for a dog in their lives but have yards of workers the likes to fulfil any workload .Im glad the dogs gone to a decent working home but why the drama to get there .Just gift the dog to a digging lad ,tis simple and more appreciated in the long run .

• Like 1
12 hours ago, diggabell said:

Been offered an open check twice for a working terrier'never sold either of them,in fact gifted one to my pal when the time was wrong?But just ponder on this 4 a moment not knocking anybody but the DORSET DIDDLER use to sell pups 4 £1200 and its been quoted that only 1 in 50 would work brock so in theory it could have cost you £62.000 to get the dog u want. three dogs on at the moment and not a penny spent acquiring them. RIGHT CIRCLES 

Dorset Diddler lol.

The very fact that this discussion is going on proves what a unique animal the working terrier is. Would the price of a working (and potential breeding) lurcher or coursing hound, or a gun dog, cause so much discussion or disagreement ? I don't think so.

If a person has a line of terriers and a close knit group of like minded people who keep them going, well that is working terrier Nirvana. Would those line of terriers exist if money had not changed hands at some point over the years ? No.

The best of men and the worst of men have bought and sold dogs, the worst tend to do it more often.

• Like 3