How much ?

Lads after reading Swansea Jacks thread yesterday I just wondered if you think £500 for a proven dog is to much ? 

Playing devils advocate I know most of got mates that would help out if you didn’t have a dog , but say if you had no way of getting a proven dog and you had plenty of digging to go at . I suppose is £500 expensive for the price on years of leal service . Or is it a piss take for a working man to pay ? 

Thought lads 

I would pay £500 or £1000 price is f**k all for a genuine working dog but would have to see the dog graft a few times before I’d part with my hard earned cash. That’s what pissed me off yesterday mans trying to sell a dog for £500 and not allowing a trial even if it was only £200 I’d still want a trial after all it’s my hard earned cash am handing over and wouldn’t like to think someone was trying to have me over selling me a jacker 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The dog is what 4 year old and the chap says he is 110% so if all is true then i would consider it a cheap dog as you are looking at about another 6 season at least unless something goes wrong so its not a lot to pay for 6 seasons sport.

• Like 5

Money means nothing your can work hard earn money and save how easy is it to get a good working terrier I'd pay alot more than 500 if it was doing what I wanted 

As for the add yesterday the lads been on here for along time I'm sure the dog is doing what he say I dnt know what the dogs doing but the add says great dog for working with the hounds them type dogs are fairly common and I give a good bitch away that was a good bitch for working with hounds 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, fat man said:

The dog is what 4 year old and the chap says he is 110% so if all is true then i would consider it a cheap dog as you are looking at about another 6 season at least unless something goes wrong so its not a lot to pay for 6 seasons sport.

Your right fat man.for a working dog thats not a lot of money.I think the issue with the dog was he said no trial.and to be honest if a dog is really that good it wouldnt need to be advertised.surely somebody dug with the chap would be interested imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Shovel shy said:

Your right fat man.for a working dog thats not a lot of money.I think the issue with the dog was he said no trial.and to be honest if a dog is really that good it wouldnt need to be advertised.surely somebody dug with the chap would be interested imo

Was thinking the same myself SS ,im sure he had at least 1 lad that dug with him so why not just gift the dog instead of trying to sell it knowing it would be well treated and also see plenty of work but then some see only £££££ everytime they blink.

4 minutes ago, Shovel shy said:

• Like 1

Going away from the original post a little.

But I always find the lads that try to buy the finished product are the ones that can't bring a dog on and get it to a good standard. Forever looking to buy the 'real deal' without actually being able to achieve it themselves.

It baffles me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

£500 is nothing for a genuine working dog these days,providing it can do the job,when you think of the cost if you have to buy a pup in,innoculate it,feed it,let it mature to working age,any added vetenary costs,and then hope it makes the grade in the end,if i seen the dog graft and get on with it i would pay the asking price,but saying this,the price of good working dogs have gone through the roof these last few years,and a lot of inferior stock is being bred.

Money does matter especially if bills need paying and so on but the best outcome for the dog is too gift him to a genuine chap that the owner (KNOWS) and the benefits of this would be alot more than a fat wallet that will get tinner in know time at all. Result of gifting is updates on how the dog is working and maybe in time if wanting too return too the digging scene been gifted a pup back. Also knowing the terrier has been passed onto good hands for an ease of mind and not just handed to anyone who could treat the dog in any old way. Everyone circumstances are different but if this was possible it surely would be the best outcome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1