Daystate Mk3 rt - bloody electronic rifles.

After owning a couple of Airwolfs a couple of years ago, I swore I'd never have another electronic rifle - I wrote them off as soulless.

However, the Falcon FN12 and Prairie have managed to pique my interest in older rifles.

I spotted this Mk3 at my favourite RFD - apart from a couple of minor marks, it's in excellent condition.
I love the grain in the stock.

It turned out that it's the Mk3 rt and, has recently had a service. I think this is one of the rifles that came from the same collection as the Merlyn.

I first spotted it on their web site, then decided it was worth a look. I'm not sure what I was expecting but, it's longer and heavier than I thought it would be.

The bolt is very smooth and, the trigger, although sensitive, is nice to use.

I fitted it out with a Hawke Airmax 3-12x50 AMX and, gave it a leather and canvass sling that I felt suited it.

So far I've only had it down to the club for a zero and chrono session - it loves JSB Heavies.

At 200bar, it gave me an average over 10 shots of 710fps with a variance of 4fps - I was very happy with that.

The grouping in the picture was 10 shots at just over 30yrds, indoors.

The beeps and flashes did confuse me but, thanks to a handy PDF file, I've now got the hang of it.

I'm looking forward to getting this out on the rabbits - I reckon it could do really well with NV :thumbs:

IMG_20171102_160721.jpg

IMG_20171102_160638.jpg

IMG_20171102_160825.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, si brown said:

I'm no sparky Jon but for rifles that cost a grand+ I'm sure they could make it look better!

wonder if the mega expensive pulsars are still the same... my wolf had bits of velcro holding it in place:blink:

I know what you mean mate - my Airwolf was the same - thankfully this Mk3 didn't cost anywhere near that sort of money - it's still got velcro holding the battery in though :laugh:

I do wish they'd put more thought into encasing those electronics :hmm:

3 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Now that looks well built and that grouping is excellent.

My mate uses a MK4 single shot and rarely misses.

Good luck with it Jon  :thumbs:

Cheers Mark :thumbs:

I've heard a lot of good things about the Mk4 - that was in the back of my mind while I was looking at this :yes:

1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

After owning a couple of Airwolfs a couple of years ago, I swore I'd never have another electronic rifle - I wrote them off as soulless.

However, the Falcon FN12 and Prairie have managed to pique my interest in older rifles.

I spotted this Mk3 at my favourite RFD - apart from a couple of minor marks, it's in excellent condition.
I love the grain in the stock.

It turned out that it's the Mk3 rt and, has recently had a service. I think this is one of the rifles that came from the same collection as the Merlyn.

I first spotted it on their web site, then decided it was worth a look. I'm not sure what I was expecting but, it's longer and heavier than I thought it would be.

The bolt is very smooth and, the trigger, although sensitive, is nice to use.

I fitted it out with a Hawke Airmax 3-12x50 AMX and, gave it a leather and canvass sling that I felt suited it.

So far I've only had it down to the club for a zero and chrono session - it loves JSB Heavies.

At 200bar, it gave me an average over 10 shots of 710fps with a variance of 4fps - I was very happy with that.

The grouping in the picture was 10 shots at just over 30yrds, indoors.

The beeps and flashes did confuse me but, thanks to a handy PDF file, I've now got the hang of it.

I'm looking forward to getting this out on the rabbits - I reckon it could do really well with NV :thumbs:

IMG_20171102_160721.jpg

IMG_20171102_160638.jpg

IMG_20171102_160825.jpg

Enjoy for many a good day mate

All the very best for you and yours Jonjon

• Like 1

I`ve been tempted to buy the mk4 myself Jon ( single shot) - a superb pcp rifle for serious hide work but the faultless magazine of the 100`s has always made me think that I would be very hard pressed to better a 100.

The older Daystate rifles seem very good don`t they.

5 minutes ago, si brown said:

some bloke on freeads is selling a daystate collection, if you click on his other adds there are loads!

never knew they made so many:laugh:https://mypage.freeads.co.uk/lester-14#.Wft_ObacbBI

Ooh, a PH6 for £375 :o

........ I reckon that's a typo :hmm:

I heard about that collection going on another forum - I'm sure someone said that he was a Daystate engineer.