Lefty latch ons

Police and politicians need to be held accountable for their actions, on one hand you complain about a lack of action whilst on the other bemoaning action??

Personally I don’t think a proper inquiry would be misplaced.

Just a little background of the dispute during the miner’s strikes when the people stood up to be counted on their views and were forcible repressed!

71 pickets were charged with riot and 24 with violent disorder. At the time, riot was punishable by life. The trials collapsed when the evidence given by the police was deemed "unreliable. In June 1991, South Yorkshire Police paid £425,000 in compensation to 39 miners for assault and wrongful arrest etc.  In 2015, the police complaints commission reported that there was "evidence of excessive violence by police officers, a false narrative from police exaggerating violence by miners, perjury by officers giving evidence to prosecute the arrested men, and an apparent cover up of that perjury by senior officers. The Police and crime commissioner admitted that the police had been "dangerously close to being used as an instrument of state. Following the 2016 Hillsborough inquest verdict, previously censored documents suggesting links between the actions of senior South Yorkshire Police officers at both incidents were published.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Police and politicians need to be held accountable for their actions, on one hand you complain about a lack of action whilst on the other bemoaning action??

Personally I don’t think a proper inquiry would be misplaced.

Just a little background of the dispute during the miner’s strikes when the people stood up to be counted on their views and were forcible repressed!

71 pickets were charged with riot and 24 with violent disorder. At the time, riot was punishable by life. The trials collapsed when the evidence given by the police was deemed "unreliable. In June 1991, South Yorkshire Police paid £425,000 in compensation to 39 miners for assault and wrongful arrest etc.  In 2015, the police complaints commission reported that there was "evidence of excessive violence by police officers, a false narrative from police exaggerating violence by miners, perjury by officers giving evidence to prosecute the arrested men, and an apparent cover up of that perjury by senior officers. The Police and crime commissioner admitted that the police had been "dangerously close to being used as an instrument of state. Following the 2016 Hillsborough inquest verdict, previously censored documents suggesting links between the actions of senior South Yorkshire Police officers at both incidents were published.

So why now have an inquirey at the cost to the taxpayer and by the way i was a striking miner who stuck the strike out for the full duration at a cost to me and my family.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BGD said:

You supported the Hillsborough inquiry and were happy to see charges brought unless I'm mistaken? How was that different?

Nobody lost their life and to compare Hillsbrough to orgreave  is fekin ludicros imho I admit their is a deciding factor that of SYP but come on to compare hillsbrough to orgreave .

Just now, BGD said:

The SWP campaigned for the Hillsborough inquiry too ;) Being against a campaign for justice because you don't like some of the people involved in it is just sad IMO

Justice for what tho all them lads arrested at Orgreave were all cleared of rioting its a waste of money.

Ahh.....it’s just trendy to be rent a mob nowadays........everyone wants an investigation about every f***ing thing.

They are all getting played like fiddles by whichever faction they affiliate themselves too.

To most ordinary blokes it’s just bollocks.

still, gives the papers something to write about and the journailists something to talk shite about for their wages.

Kids are killing each other with knives right, left and centre but hey.......let’s have an enquiry about who people are touching up or some miners 30 f***ing years ago.

that will sort it ! 

• Like 2