Dirt fishing find

39 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Same here would rather be working dog on a few rabbits but its either overgrown or diseased sadly.

So at the moment its a way of getting outside and passing some time, until we get a few decent frosts.

Good luck mate.

You too ?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's 22k wedding band think its 1920s maybe

A few bits ive found  

Bunch of coins. 1800. Wrapped in a checked hanky. Can still see the red check

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mackem said:

You ever find any roman where you are mate?I was in ripley last week and passed what looks like the ruins of an old church or manor house a mile from the high street,quite a bit of history around in surrey.

There has been a bronze age site uncovered less than a mile up the road, wouldn't mind poaching that lol.

Lots of roman stuff very close to me.

Also our church has records dating back to 872 and was the destination of a pilgrim route.

So lots of history I have only really detected a small bit of woodland next to my house.

I need to branch out a bit I think.

Do you own a detector mate

17 minutes ago, Chaff said:

There has been a bronze age site uncovered less than a mile up the road, wouldn't mind poaching that lol.

Lots of roman stuff very close to me.

Also our church has records dating back to 872 and was the destination of a pilgrim route.

So lots of history I have only really detected a small bit of woodland next to my house.

I need to branch out a bit I think.

Do you own a detector mate

I have a minelab mate,found quite a lot of roman grots near egham and staines in the past.

• Like 1

Terrific finds guys, wish I was there with all your history.

Would you believe that I found a Roman coin in the middle of Adelaide in Parklands ?

Considering that We are only about 200 years old, its a pretty awesome deal...

CAM01041-1.jpg.39e709e7e30fe9332cd6f5d291697bf7.jpg

CAM01042.thumb.jpg.07750bfeaa16c39f5c5e7aea50df2453.jpg

Look closely at the pics, I actually DID find this coin on 1/4/17 in the Parklands, after our entire family of 6 pulled 4 detectors out

of the car for an afternoon dirt hunt and carp fish on the Torrens.

A Ministry that had a large tent with displays and teaching about history of the Bible had lost a 1AD coin and asked if we could look

for it, 'of course' I said, the young one and I looked for about 1.5hrs finding everything but that coin, I concluded some a#@hole must

have stolen it, BUT I did recover some replica's for them that HAD fallen into the grass, along with predecimal coins and silver rings and spendables. LOL

My daughter wants to come over and do some detecting with you guys, she saw all the early coins, read the posts, and is now cranking up the Ipad to do map searches like you Chaff, of our local and yours. :hmm:

Great!! so miss 13 is going to hound me to go for a hunt tomorrow, as she is all G'd up now! LOL

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, 17hornet said:

Terrific finds guys, wish I was there with all your history.

Would you believe that I found a Roman coin in the middle of Adelaide in Parklands ?

Considering that We are only about 200 years old, its a pretty awesome deal...

CAM01041-1.jpg.39e709e7e30fe9332cd6f5d291697bf7.jpg

CAM01042.thumb.jpg.07750bfeaa16c39f5c5e7aea50df2453.jpg

Look closely at the pics, I actually DID find this coin on 1/4/17 in the Parklands, after our entire family of 6 pulled 4 detectors out

of the car for an afternoon dirt hunt and carp fish on the Torrens.

A Ministry that had a large tent with displays and teaching about history of the Bible had lost a 1AD coin and asked if we could look

for it, 'of course' I said, the young one and I looked for about 1.5hrs finding everything but that coin, I concluded some a#@hole must

have stolen it, BUT I did recover some replica's for them that HAD fallen into the grass, along with predecimal coins and silver rings and spendables. LOL

My daughter wants to come over and do some detecting with you guys, she saw all the early coins, read the posts, and is now cranking up the Ipad to do map searches like you Chaff, of our local and yours. :hmm:

Great!! so miss 13 is going to hound me to go for a hunt tomorrow, as she is all G'd up now! LOL

You should maybe check out mud larking on you tube 

Aqua chigger done a good video, if you can time things with really low tides the banks of the river Thames London embankment are loaded with goodies mate

34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just had 2 hours and I'm just not feeling it anymore at all.....so gone pub instead.

Lazer Hawkeye for sale.

IMG_20171104_114614066.jpg

IMG_20171104_122806905.jpg

Looks a good pint that Dido

Much more sensible idea, ever tried dowsing :)

Chaff I used to landscaping and land clearance for a couple of years when I left school and my old boss would always dowse before we got the jcb in to find the drains ect he was nearly always spot on 

2 hours ago, kanny said:

Chaff I used to landscaping and land clearance for a couple of years when I left school and my old boss would always dowse before we got the jcb in to find the drains ect he was nearly always spot on 

Yes my old man worked on the waterboard for 40 years he was the same.

I also own some copper rods used them last week to locate a water service and was bang on.

Be great if they worked for gold and silver