• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's 22k wedding band think its 1920s maybe

A few bits ive found  

Bunch of coins. 1800. Wrapped in a checked hanky. Can still see the red check

Posted Images

Tecnetics eurotec pro with cores strike coil.

Same ground I've covered a hundred times before, but the new search coil goes down deeper got a few coins in soak aswell. All found in a couple of hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I not had any nice finds for a long time....think I'm falling out with it.

Got a moated site to try this weekend, if I don't do any good I may retire my detector

Keep the faith Dido, use the force :pardon:lol

Good luck at the weekend mate

• Thanks 1

Hey DIDO, dont be disheartened, here in Australia the country is so young that there is not very much history lost to find,

so we are very hit and miss but putting in some research time and time on the ground starts to produce.

Luckily the number of people that detect is so spread out you can find a space that never has had a look at, even in the Gold-fields there

always seems to be something big to be found just a swing away in a place where hundreds have gone over already.

If you need some motivating, join a club (we are not in one) they can teach you better technique and methods which may also get you finding

the good stuff again when you least expect it.

My daughter has found 150yr old items in her grandfathers backyard, old coins in the footpath verge, even at a mates house a1854 Pfenning coin,

Germans didnt settle here in this State until around 1850'ish so it was a big find which she researched later.

It's not always gold and silver that makes the day.

I always wish dirt fishers the best of luck - I'm sure you will break your drought this weekend, post any finds you get, would love to see them.

Have you got any posts with finds I can look at ?

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm the ring pull king in our family ? :toast:

I dig EVERYTHING, my daughter dismisses things as junk, I just dig up silver when I go over some of her targets, she hates that.   LOL

IMG_0288.JPG

Edited by 17hornet
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Mackem ,what happened to your brothers tusks/ivory? Did you get a valuation ?

I haven't spoken to him about those for a while mate,i will ask him or ask my sis to ask him as she speaks to him all the time :)

Hornet have you never been tempted to go Aussie Gold style bush hunting for the yellow metal?