New Perm.

Daz39

So I got a call of some fella last week, asking if I would go look at his allotments. He runs two near where I live and they have lately seen a few rabbits around. I went down last Thursday in daylight to have a look. Tough spot with houses to one side and a major road to the other but he pointed out a few spots to look out for rabbits. There must be 200+ plots with loads of green houses and equipment around.

I went back at night (he lives next to the allotment and I need to get him to unlock the place on a night. Spent a couple of hours up there, seen one on one allotment and took it at about 20 yrds, on the other allotment there was about 6-7 of which I took 2 before they ran off. 2 also sat in front of greenhouses so I left well alone knowing I didnt want smashed glass on my first night out.

The allotments are busy and you can rarely see more than 10-20 yrds due to planting or boarders so its a different game. No way to lay up or even shoot off the pod. Still, 4 shots, 3 hits and 3 in the bag.

post-89372-0-42255900-1509364563_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Aye up Daz :thumbs: .

Not sure if you are aware that I`ve been shooting over a small nursery for a few years now, controlling the rabbits ?

Anyway. similar situation to you.

I look for the hot spots, - great piles of rabbit tish in one spot. I just settle down close by ( 25 - 30 yds) and wait, one rabbit didn`t make all that crap and I find I normally get around six shots before they get the idea and avoid me.

Good luck mate

Cheers Mark, I figure summer will be easier to tell for that, so many leaves and stuff on the ground at the mo, hard to find the poo piles. Even so, there are not many spots where you can see 30 yards unadulterated. Plus on the night, the rabbits were in the veggies and you often only have 10-15 yrds vision unobstructed. Ahh but it is all fun eh!

NICE ONE DAZ

i dont think ill be going there with the hw100 mate you know what she is like it kills the rabbits and the pellet keeps on going and going and going and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

as you nearly found out at the factory :yes:

you can look after this one all by your self

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Good shooting, allotments are fun but like you say can be hard work. The ones I shoot in the village thankfully the rabbits can be taken as they cross from the neighbouring fields. Have attempted going through them at night with the red lamp but nearly had my eye out on a runner bean pole and almost ended up wearing a pair of marrow slippers which would not go down well with the owners.

• Haha 1
On 30/10/2017 at 11:34 PM, The one said:

Nice going mate you getting paid in fresh veg ?. :laugh:

On 31/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, chrismdd said:

Good shooting, allotments are fun but like you say can be hard work. The ones I shoot in the village thankfully the rabbits can be taken as they cross from the neighbouring fields. Have attempted going through them at night with the red lamp but nearly had my eye out on a runner bean pole and almost ended up wearing a pair of marrow slippers which would not go down well with the owners.

Ha yeah take what you like!