Fund Raising

Alright lads, any ideas on any quick ways to raise funds quickly? My wee cousins new born son (6weeks) has just been diagnosed with a hole in his heart, a trapped wind pipe and problems with his lung that all require surgery! After taking them to the local hospital on glasgow they were emergency air lifted down to great ormond st hospital where the will be spending the next few months! Straight away I offered to send him down a few pound to help out with food ect but he refused saying that there was funds in place and they had money then I found out of his big sister that he was too embarrassed to accept anything from me and that they didnt have any money! Im trying to think of a way where I could raise some money to help them rather than take a hand out from me but cant think of anything! Any ideas would be cool to hear

We done a few fund raisers last year mate, the best one was a charity auction night, you'll be surprised how many people will donate a prize when approached, aim at a couple of the local businesses and see what they put up... hold it in the local pub with a load of invites out and get the bidding going.

If not a sponsored event, a run or swim etc, something easy to organise, get sponsor forms made up and go from there... good luck to your cousin, sounds a real bad do

• Like 1

Alright lads, any ideas on any quick ways to raise funds quickly? My wee cousins new born son (6weeks) has just been diagnosed with a hole in his heart, a trapped wind pipe and problems with his lung that all require surgery! After taking them to the local hospital on glasgow they were emergency air lifted down to great ormond st hospital where the will be spending the next few months! Straight away I offered to send him down a few pound to help out with food ect but he refused saying that there was funds in place and they had money then I found out of his big sister that he was too embarrassed to accept anything from me and that they didnt have any money! Im trying to think of a way where I could raise some money to help them rather than take a hand out from me but cant think of anything! Any ideas would be cool to hear

Sponsored 3k dog walk.....need at least 50 quid on a card.....each entry gets a fluorescent jacket with a dog logo on the back.....

Not something I've got any experience of because I don't do the social media thing but, I would have thought the quickest way to raise funds would be to set up a crowd funding page and get it on social media. Sponsored events and charity nights etc. are all good, but it sounds like their need is more immediate. If you do get sonething set up, get a link to it it on here too. A few good folks on here would chip in I'm sure and every little helps. All the best whatever you do.

• Like 2

Couple a good ideas there lads cheers, going to try and set up a sparrathon for the kids that should raise a few quid and maybe a wee car boot sale. I was thinking about the just giving thing but dont it would be ok to just do that without asking him after him refusing money from me, wee mans got a lot of pride about him sounds daft but I think if I put that on FB he would fall out with me, thanks for the kind words n ideas lads ?

I'm with pesky on this one mate...some decent ideas been mentioned but crowd funding seems the quickest and easiest. Good luck to the little fella whatever you decide to do, i'll send some money either way...theres a few lads on here with newborns..myself included and i can't imagine how hard it is for your cousin right now

• Like 1