A Few Longtails Today

Bang on matt and cheers pal, some were that close i couldnt see them clearley at all with this scope, i used bizley pest controll pellets, they drop them instantley but the magnums go through them at close range and a lot of the time they scuttle off and die

• Like 2

nice one bn... daytime ones are even more fun than with the nv :thumbs:

I know exactly what you mean about putting the rifle down, mine gets wedged between me arm when a take a pi55 and pouring a brew

from me flask is a right mission :laugh:

what you gonna use for n/v now bn?!

atb si

• Like 1

In my ratting days with a FWB Sport .22 I used RWS Hobby flat heads, they had an unbelievable strike force - right up to the legal limit and weighing just 11.9 g.

I really cant remember a rat ever moving after a .22 flat headed Hobby hit home.

The accuracy is great up to 30 yards only mind but when ratting that is more than enough range.

Best ratting pellet I have ever shot :good:

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean about putting the rifle down, mine gets wedged between me arm when a take a pi55 and pouring a brew

atb si

Cheers si, il be useing the tracer 600 lamp on the gun its got 4 different coulers built in, and there is only me that shoots at this place so theyv never been shot at before at night so should be great for a good while, besides that it wont be too dark in this place as there is lights on all night in the background so it could be shot without a lamp

• Like 1

In my ratting days with a FWB Sport .22 I used RWS Hobby flat heads, they had an unbelievable strike force - right up to the legal limit and weighing just 11.9 g.

I really cant remember a rat ever moving after a .22 flat headed Hobby hit home.

The accuracy is great up to 30 yards only mind but when ratting that is more than enough range.

Best ratting pellet I have ever shot :good:

Nice one mark these are hollow point so they do some dammage when they hit and like you said mate great upto about 30 mtrs then they go all over

• Like 1

atb si

Cheers si, il be useing the tracer 600 lamp on the gun its got 4 different coulers built in, and there is only me that shoots at this place so theyv never been shot at before at night so should be great for a good while, besides that it wont be too dark in this place as there is lights on all night in the background so it could be shot without a lamp

I bought the lamp as you at the south Yorkshire show, its good... got a fair few rats with it on green and it made a nice change to look through a proper scope :thumbs:

that lamp picks rabbits out at a fair distance too!

Iv had rabbits with it before, iv had the lamp a few years since they came out for sale but not used it at this place yet, as you said si they are not bad at all mate, im off out tomorrow night or sunday night with it for some longcowys so should get a few, fingers crossed.

• Like 1