Have a look at the Custom rifle scopes UK website Degsy.

They do a handheld NV rangefinder and a scope mounted one - they're both around the £130 mark.

I've got the handheld one - it works well and, it's a solid piece of kit. The service from this company is good and, delivery was quick.

Atb.

post-102688-0-39823500-1509092030.png

post-102688-0-55573500-1509092042.jpg

JJ

What's the range like mate I could do with on on the 22lr , for rabbits

Atb mate

I don't know what it's like for the scope mounted one but, the handheld unit picks out eye shine at 80yrds easily - it'll do a lot more if I stick a T20 on it :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

I use the scope mounted one. Got a mount on the 22lr and the 17hornet and wouldn't be without it. Just adjust the pulsing beam so it's in the center of the crosshairs. In use you press the rat tail type pad and it comes on. Press again and it will give the range in yds or meters. Press again and it switches off.

I have the NiteSite rangefinder which is spot on although more expensive than the one above. I am just about to test a Photon XT on my rimfire and will also fit the rangefinder to that so it should be just right.

These things are a total game changer...............................buy one Degsey, you will not regret it mate.

Phil

On 14/12/2017 at 22:53, Tremo said:

My mate uses one just like Toxo describes. He has it on his .22LR and really rates it.

They do have extra features that we won't use such as checking speed like a radar gun. They do work in daylight but you won't see the pulse without an IR camera. You just have to point it at large targets like a nearby tree Instead of a rabbitThey have aiming marks that are accurate and the readout is coloured and bright enough to see in full daylight. I love that I can switch from the hornet to the 22lr via a mount on each scope.

As Phill says, if you don't use a rangefinder, especially at night you have a nice surprise coming.