Drunken Bunnies?

Had a good night on one of the pumpkin fields last night. Haven't shot this field for a while and got the distinct impression that the bunnies might have been a bit under the influence. :icon_eek:

Using 17 Hornets that aren't exactly quiet, they weren't running off when their near neighbours were getting bumped off. On a couple of occasions we walked past rabbits that were a couple of yards away. I should add that there's no sign of Myxy on this farm at the moment.

I can't see that giving em a couple of months off would have this effect.

The pumpkins have long since been harvested and of those that are left some were completely rotten and black inside. I know it's a stretch but could they be mildly intoxicated? I've heard of animals getting drunk on old windfall apples in orchards.

This is a big field with many rabbits on it. All were healthy and a normal mix of young and old, big and small.

"Symptoms of VHD include fever, lethargy, loss of appetite, spasms, and sudden death, although some rabbits may die without showing any symptoms. Up to 90% of affected rabbits may die from the disease which progresses rapidly (death occurs approximately 1-3 days after infection)."