Cat Amongst The Pigeons!!!!

Now then......its not so much about the 2 rabbits but the hardware used on the outing.

Don't worry....i am braced for the onslaught of comments about weather I have gone completely mad or had a bat with a magic wand......yes that's a mk2 r10 and yes it's mine and yes I have done a deal with a good friend with the 100.

Firstly let's get the hunt out of the way.

Just the last hour of light tonight on a close perm that's got a fair few rabbits knocking about. These two fellas were taken at 47 and 51 yards resting from a fence post not far from where I had parked up and fell victim to aa fields to the bonce.

Now....the rifle.

A good mate of mine had a go with my 100 a week or so ago and fell in love with it. He loves the thumbhole stock and sidelever etc. He had the above r10 in .177 flavour which belonged to his uncle from new so he knows all about it.

To date......no problems.

Now I have had a couple of 100s now and they are as Carlsberg would say probably the best pcp going and I know about the potential issues with the r10s but this is a good clean example.

I personally love the look of them. And this one seems as accurate as my 100s have been.

Ok, my pal has fitted a rather oversized BSA cocking bolt that I'm not too keen on but that can be changed.

The deal we did also means that if I choose to send it off to john bowkett and get it blue printed It will still have been a fair deal and the rifle will be a keeper.

I actually rang john today to get his opinion on it and rather than being a salesman and getting me to send it over for the work, he said if it ain't broke don't fix it but if you want to send it in the future fair enough so I might take him up on it. But honestly, from the tin or so pellets I've put through it so far and tonight session, I can't really fault it.

post-94518-0-52455900-1509046836_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

never owned an r10 matt but I've always thought there a good looking rifle :thumbs:

100's are good and everyone knows that but there certainly not the best looking rifle and others can and do match them on accuracy :yes:

nice shooting on your first voyage

atb si

• Like 2

never owned an r10 matt but I've always thought there a good looking rifle :thumbs:

100's are good and everyone knows that but there certainly not the best looking rifle and others can and do match them on accuracy :yes:

nice shooting on your first voyage

atb si

Cheers Si.

I've not owned a BSA since the lightening I had years back so I hope I've done the right thing??

• Like 1

Well that's you out of the twat club

you fecking traitor :feck::nono::rtfm:

NICE R10 BY THE WAY MATT ;)

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks Jimmy.

It was one of those "fcuk it, why not" moments.

I did drive back thinking, "what have I done here" but im pleased with it so far.??

• Like 1

The r10 is a nice rifle cant take any thing away from that

but you want to know what the funny thing is

YOU WILL GO BACK TO THE HW100 MATE

WE ALL DO

WE CANT HELP IT

ITS NOT THE BEST PCP FOR NOTHING

• Like 1

The r10 is a nice rifle cant take any thing away from that

but you want to know what the funny thing is

YOU WILL GO BACK TO THE HW100 MATE

WE ALL DO

WE CANT HELP IT

ITS NOT THE BEST PCP FOR NOTHING

Once a twat, always a twat. That's the motto??
  • Like 2

Your right mac the r10 is a realy good accurate and smart looking gun, iv had 3 of them, the first time i met you was when your mate viz baught one of mine and loved it if you can remember,

But like you said pal we all seem to go back to the hw100.

Youl be well pleased with your r10 matt no doubt about it, nice one mate.

• Like 1

Nice shooting Matt - a great start with a new rifle :good: .

Yes the R10 MK2 is a great rifle and damn good looking to boot but when it comes down to pure hunting quality, the 100`s just ooze it.

One of the main attributes of the 100`s, for me, is the faultless indexing and impossible to load twice :nono: .

The number of times I`ve been out, hide shooting, shot a corvid and suddenly they are everywhere :icon_eek: - the adrenalin is pumping away whilst you drop one, two, three, four and you don't have to worry for a split second about loading twice and jamming your gun.

You`ll be back,

Twat x

• Like 1

Nice shooting Matt - a great start with a new rifle :good: .

Yes the R10 MK2 is a great rifle and damn good looking to boot but when it comes down to pure hunting quality, the 100`s just ooze it.

One of the main attributes of the 100`s, for me, is the faultless indexing and impossible to load twice :nono: .

The number of times I`ve been out, hide shooting, shot a corvid and suddenly they are everywhere :icon_eek: - the adrenalin is pumping away whilst you drop one, two, three, four and you don't have to worry for a split second about loading twice and jamming your gun.

You`ll be back,

Twat x

?

Cheers Mark.

The one pain in the butt thing I can find is that you have to remove the bipod when you fill it up or at least with my Edgar bros you do. Thankfully, I don't use them very often as if it's that type of perm I usually have the primos so no need for it ?

• Like 1

Your right mac the r10 is a realy good accurate and smart looking gun, iv had 3 of them, the first time i met you was when your mate viz baught one of mine and loved it if you can remember,

But like you said pal we all seem to go back to the hw100.

Youl be well pleased with your r10 matt no doubt about it, nice one mate.

Cheers napper.

If the weather stays fine it will be getting put to good use over the next few days so we will see.

The 51 harder above was slap bang in the back of the head right between the ears where I had the mil dot as that's how he sat up which has given me confidence in it's abilities straight away pal??

• Like 1