Sent Out Letters

Just a quick post to say on monday I sent out 6 permission letters that had been put on here a while back by davyt63. Thought I would give it a go. Got a phone call today by a farmer saying no but that's a good result as he actually took the time to read it and phone me direct. Even gave me a reason that he had a few people already and didn't want anymore. So even though it was a no it has given me great confidence to carry on looking and hopefully one of the other 5 may say yes

• Like 5

Cracking advice from all the lads there mate, I would just like to add, if you have any skills I.E bricky,roofer, mechanic etc, or even just a good pair of hands, offer some work in return for permission, it shows you are genuine, committed to your sport and dont want something for nothing (not saying you do by the way) give it a go and best of luck.

• Like 3

Letters could work, but I reckon there would be a far lower hit per letter ratio than door knocking. It's a lot easier for someone to chuck a letter in the bin than it is to actually say no to someone's face.

Im with Dave on this

get out knocking dress smart no camo and DONT take your rifle with you

all ways be polite even when they tell you to feck off and some will by the way

farms,,,garden centers,,,factory,s ,,,,horse paddocks,,,,so on and so on not just farms

and be prepared to travel some distance not all will be on your door step in fact very few are

A good TIP that works for a lot of us is

GET SOME VERMIN CARDS MADE UP WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBERS ON HOME AND MB AS A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO RING MB

Then when you knock and they say no ,,,thank them and hand them your card ,,,and say well if any thing comes up or if you hear of any one that needs help please give me a ring and ill be only to happy to help .

plus as has been say,d it will do no harm to put on the card your profession IE,,,joiner,,painter,,,brickie,,,

They tend to throw away the letters but with a card they tend to put it in there pockets or wallet and keep them

and if they need some thing done they will bell you for a quote on a job for them ,,,,Dont say strait away ill do it for nothing if i can shoot on your land ,,,,but mention it when your on the job ,,,,they may still say no but at least you will have a pay,d job out of it lol.

plus all farmers talk when there having a pint and if some one says they have a problem out will come your card

and ONCE YOU HAVE ONE THE REST WILL COME BY WORD OF MOUTH

if you do a good job and abide by THERE RULES ,

good luck

O,,,AND BUY YOUR SELF A GOOD PAIR OF WALKING BOOTS YOUR GOING TO NEED THEM :yes::laugh:

ATVBMAC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Letters could work, but I reckon there would be a far lower hit per letter ratio than door knocking. It's a lot easier for someone to chuck a letter in the bin than it is to actually say no to someone's face.

GET YOUR SELFS A LIKE BUTTON FOR FECK SAKE

WHY DONT YOU LOT HAVE ONE ANY WAY

ALL WAYS WONDERED WHY YOU DONT

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

GET YOUR SELFS A LIKE BUTTON FOR FECK SAKE

WHY DONT YOU LOT HAVE ONE ANY WAY

ALL WAYS WONDERED WHY YOU DONT

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Should have a twat button for them :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 3