Wolf / Lab

How did the dog react mate. I hear they fall to pieces at the scent of wolves

I'm not sure mate, I can't honestly remember what he said about the dog. The year before I'd been with him in the same spot, so I was a bit gutted I weren't there to see it myself ;-)

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They like playing with bog rolls

I recon it,s a pack of bedlington whippets chasing a fox,

And I get stick over my pictures, they can't really have identified them from that picture surely

Posted Images

Apparently so. But to be honest wolves in Europe are never going to be hunted so it is only a matter of time until they start to become dangerous. Look what is happening in other parts of the world. India. Russia. Even a couple of wolf kills in North America. Shooting those hybrids would be good news for everyone and having a hunting quota on pure wolves would be no bad thing a numbers increase.

Isn't it true wolf hybrids are potentially more dangerous to people than pure bloodied wolves?

I would tend to agree but I'd reckon it's more to do with the artificially selected blood than the naturally selected wolf. Standards drop when the peddlers get involved and this will follow the same pattern.

• Like 1

I bet them poodle owners are rubbing there hands with glee now they have another animal they can stick doodle or woodle in the title and charge a small fortune for, but on a more serious note if it's genetically possible for dogs to breed with Wolves why are,nt there hundreds of hybrids around, like the Scottish wild cat that is on the verge of being swollowed up by hybridisation so there would be a percentage of dog DNA in a lot of wolves as they have both been about for hundreds of years, wolves vary in colour from white to black so the picture shows very little to prove cross breeding, a little more research needed I think

Recreate the old wolf hound? What breeds would u use

The Irish Wolfhound of today is a re-created breed as the old Wolfhound was extinct and I'd say the nearest type today to the old one would be what the Yanks call their Staghound. 2 or 3 of them should handle a Wolf.

• Like 2

Recreate the old wolf hound? What breeds would u use

The Irish Wolfhound of today is a re-created breed as the old Wolfhound was extinct and I'd say the nearest type today to the old one would be what the Yanks call their Staghound. 2 or 3 of them should handle a Wolf.

cheers Neil

I don't get the difference between a deerhound and a stag hound or is a staghound just a lurcher?

Edited by keepdiggin

I bet them poodle owners are rubbing there hands with glee now they have another animal they can stick doodle or woodle in the title and charge a small fortune for, but on a more serious note if it's genetically possible for dogs to breed with Wolves why are,nt there hundreds of hybrids around, like the Scottish wild cat that is on the verge of being swollowed up by hybridisation so there would be a percentage of dog DNA in a lot of wolves as they have both been about for hundreds of years, wolves vary in colour from white to black so the picture shows very little to prove cross breeding, a little more research needed I think

you can buy them already bud