My stepson recently joined my club, and managed to pick himself up a real beauty.......a Ripley AR4, scope, mounts, the works.

He doesn't want to divulge on here how much he paid, but trust me when I tell you it was a steal.

Any ideas how he can find some history on this rifle ?

He can't find a serial number, possibly due to the fact that the trigger unit has been changed ?

On the left side of the breech, it's has gold lettering that says "S.R.WILKINS PNEUMATICS" with "SWP 500 PSI" a little further along.

I don't know much about Ripley,(actually this is the only one I've ever come across !) so I'm stumped.....

You help would be appreciated.

Cheers BB

Had my eye on the XL9 once.

Its a £1350 pcp new :blink: - that`s the price for " hand made" quality and precision I was told.

I soon found out that the pellets fall out of the fixed magazine when it is open and pointed in any other direction than muzzle down.

No pressure guage on the rifle :no:

You can load twice - easily.

So I went HW 100`s,- that was a smart move :yes:

I`ve not heard much on the AR4 but there is some info on the AR5 once you start to look on the search engines,- looks good, going rate for a second hand AR5 seems to be around £500.

Good luck :victory:

Thanks for the replies so far, I've passed on the info.

I've tried this rifle and I have to say it is soooo smooth to fire, beautifully balanced and pinpoint accurate - quality engineering !

I've I'd known what he paid for it, I'd have had it myself !!!