Fed Up

Literally not bolted anything this season so far, and last year didn't bolt a thing either. Rabbits are thin on the ground down here in south wales. Wondering if there's any point me keeping ferrets Any more. When i was a kid would always bolt a few but its just ridiculous now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well lads,you cant expect rabbits to be in abundance like they used to be,what with mxy, rhd,predators,night shooting,ferreting, lamping,weather conditions, summer hunters, the list is endless,but the

Give a bell a try chaff.Great around big brambles bushes and thick hedges as arry said.you would be unlucky for the ferret to sneak out the back without you hearing it. Sometimes they will fill a bit

They sit out around here thick cover or not. Then the dog finds them and puts them under a bit of pressure until they go to ground. Unless the cover is really thick then he struggles a bit. But with o

Don't give up mate, its a bit patchy this year around here as well. So bloody mild hedges are still green want some frosts but giving warm again this weekend. Always come down again if you want but leave it a while to let it all die off. Did you get another dog? Atb

Cheers Arry

well lads,you cant expect rabbits to be in abundance like they used to be,what with mxy, rhd,predators,night shooting,ferreting, lamping,weather conditions, summer hunters, the list is endless,but the main culprit is mans greed, the humble rabbit has done well to survive this long, got to be one of the most persecuted species going,it will be a really sad day if the rabbit ever leaves the countryside completely,remember you can only enjoy your sport if you got a few rabbits left to breed,been areal noticeable decline in rabbit population,these last few years,you can only kill them once.

• Like 5

Loons like its not just me struggling then. Arry i got another pup but she is only 12 weeks so obviously take time bringing her on. I will happily come along when it gets colder. There's a few pockets i know in Brecon but no answer when knocked the farmer. Will get again. Used to get a fair few as a kid now nothing. See lads up north with bags of thirty and forty, don't k ow how lucky they are lol.

• Like 1

True mate when you see them big bags looks like the grass is always greener etc. But hang in there mate keep knocking on them doors. Struggling to get out here at the moment so much cover had a few the other day the farmer has goats and they eat all the cover out of the hedges, made it a bit easer. But is so mild even hot it was running out of me. Great you got another dog mate.

Cheers Arry

Arry i missed your call i will call you tonight after work. There's a few farms I'm going to knock where there are rabbits. Are they more likely to sit in cover when its still thick? When i was you get never had a dog, just net up random holes and would always have one or two. Do hope the rabbits come out the other end and it doesn't wipe them out.

Yes mate if theres plenty of cover they will sit out, but its not just that you can't see if you have all the holes covered. Also a risk of losing a ferret slipping up or down through a thick hedge.

Cheers Arry