Brightmoor Bred Dog

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found these old photos of Bill, Doug and Stan when we were at Bill's place, he is holding a dog that he gave me. The photos of the terriers are non-descript northern working terriers photos taken arou

Thanks mate . Bit further back than I have so glad I asked . The Ulswater dog , if anyone is interested was called Rusty if all checks out ., bred by R Tomlinson . . The name Davey then reappears with

I had two dogs from Bill, one was a black and tan bitch that was average the other was a black rough coated demon. It was too aggressive with people and decided to wake from sleeping by my feet one ev

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lozzer said:

That's one thing I don't understand with so called black dogs . As with some, there is no white dogs in there breeding or throwouts 

Yes there is and it's well known. You're making assumptions the same as those who say every black terrier MUST have bull in it.

Some of the best lines (if not thee best) lines of black terriers have a white line back in them.

5 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

That's one thing I don't understand with so called black dogs . As with some, there is no white dogs in there breeding or throwouts 

14 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Yes there is and it's well known. You're making assumptions the same as those who say every black terrier MUST have bull in it.

Some of the best lines (if not thee best) lines of black terriers have a white line back in them.

Maybe. But not all the assumptions that people would have you believe is that is the reason for the white dog in the litter. It's not all the same reasons.  But some would say it is 

9 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

Maybe. But not all the assumptions that people would have you believe is that is the reason for the white dog in the litter. It's not all the same reasons.  But some would say it is 

Not quiet sure I know what you're saying but although IMO I believe that a lot of good lines of black terriers have a line of white dogs back in their ancestory it's not always Jack Russell, some have Sealyham back in them.

And are no worse for it either.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, chesney said:

I'v seen red and black and tan appear in some of black lines over the years and Id say meself there's been bull blood bred in there aswell at some stage probably way back in some and more recent in others.

You must have hung around with the peddlers from the mid-lands for too long Chesney, I'm surprised some off their many pups didn't come out pokka-dot.

4 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Not quiet sure I know what you're saying but although IMO I believe that a lot of good lines of black terriers have a line of white dogs back in their ancestory it's not always Jack Russell, some have Sealyham back in them.

And are no worse for it either.

All I know is what I saw and what I was told and off one of the old timers of these dogs . Ov the above person he stated that his dogs were crossed up , Russel.  But the could be bad blood between people obviously.  On his stuff the man who commented, I never saw or heard of white dogs in his line.  Then , after a mating, I saw a white dog in a litter. Black and white I mean.  He said it's out of the bitch, which wasn't his . He said that the Russell somewhere in there . Anyway years on , I saw the white one crop up, but not in my dogs as I wasn't breeding.  He then states that this goes back to breay dogs . Sealyham.  Maybe so but I'd never saw white ones before.  

4 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

All I know is what I saw and what I was told and off one of the old timers of these dogs . Ov the above person he stated that his dogs were crossed up , Russel.  But the could be bad blood between people obviously.  On his stuff the man who commented, I never saw or heard of white dogs in his line.  Then , after a mating, I saw a white dog in a litter. Black and white I mean.  He said it's out of the bitch, which wasn't his . He said that the Russell somewhere in there . Anyway years on , I saw the white one crop up, but not in my dogs as I wasn't breeding.  He then states that this goes back to breay dogs . Sealyham.  Maybe so but I'd never saw white ones before.  

And what we know to read too. Facts.

24 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

You must have hung around with the peddlers from the mid-lands for too long Chesney, I'm surprised some off their many pups didn't come out pokka-dot.

Lol it wouldn't have cropped up in them it was in older stuff of other lines probably because of the border back in some of it.

• Like 1