An Unexpected Victim!

post-84391-15087572819_thumb.jpg

At our shoot I have fenns in tunnels like the above photo to catch squirrels going to and from feeders and have great success with them set like this.

I was checking them yesterday whilst feeding and noticed that I had caught a stoat in one. Also it was caught facing downwards which would suggest it had been trapped whilst coming down from the tree... has anyone experienced anything similar before...?

post-84391-150875734123_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Interesting set. Can i ask, how is the trap stabilised with this set up?

Not sure if you can see from this photo Ive zoomed in on but where the two wooden supports go across to keep the trap lined up I have knocked a nail into each corner to hold the trap up, nothing technical but it does the job!

89b06fc13dffc6d1caff2098619e2d72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Interesting set. Can i ask, how is the trap stabilised with this set up? Not sure if you can see from this photo Ive zoomed in on but where the two wooden supports go across to keep the trap lined up I have knocked a nail into each corner to hold the trap up, nothing technical but it does the job! 89b06fc13dffc6d1caff2098619e2d72.jpgSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A yea, see it now cheers!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_1906.JPG At our shoot I have fenns in tunnels like the above photo to catch squirrels going to and from feeders and have great success with them set like this. I was checking them yesterday whilst feeding and noticed that I had caught a stoat in one. Also it was caught facing downwards which would suggest it had been trapped whilst coming down from the tree... has anyone experienced anything similar before...? attachicon.gifIMG_2136.JPG Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you wont be dismayed about this 'non target' ,.....cause its also on your 'hit' list ? :D (might possibly, have been helping you with the 'tree rats', though ?)

attachicon.gifIMG_1906.JPG At our shoot I have fenns in tunnels like the above photo to catch squirrels going to and from feeders and have great success with them set like this. I was checking them yesterday whilst feeding and noticed that I had caught a stoat in one. Also it was caught facing downwards which would suggest it had been trapped whilst coming down from the tree... has anyone experienced anything similar before...? attachicon.gifIMG_2136.JPG Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you wont be dismayed about this 'non target' ,.....cause its also on your 'hit' list ? :D (might possibly, have been helping you with the 'tree rats', though ?)

Haha! No definitely not worried! The entrance holes have been narrowed so nobody can say I haven’t mitigated for no target species but this definitely isn’t a non target species!

• 3 weeks later...