Abit If Wind Won't Stop Us!!!!

After being kept awake most of the night due to the rain bouncing off the window and constant wind I was up and out of bed before my alarm went off, quick coffee and bowl of porridge and we were ready for the off, all of the 2hour trip rain bounced off the van windscreen and the wind battered us around the country lanes but this wasn't going to put 2 keen ferreters off! As the van pulled into our parking place the wind blew and sill the rain came down,I was sure once it got light the cloud would break and things would go in our favor weather wise. We had desided to work a different part of the fell today so with our minds made up, wet weather gear on we set off, the wind was relentless and the rain was coming down, it wasn't long before the lurcher had her nose firmly planted down an occupied warren, this would take some net to cover, good job we had 2 baskets between us, considering the appalling weather we soon had 4 rabbits in the bag, the next mark was another big warren so same again,all the nets round and all the ferrets entered, the first 3 warrens produced 15 bunnies,so far so good, now we split up, there is no point 2 of you stood on a warren, we went our separate ways I just followed the lurcher to the next mark, 2 ferrets in 4 rabbits out, then as I was picking my nets up I noted she was marking what looked like nothing, on closer inspection it was a 3 holer with a slight stream running through the middle of it , as I began to enter the ferret I could hear a rabbit on the move, the putrid smell of mustelid proved too much, it was in the net before the ferret had disappeared from sight, if I hadn't had a dog I wouldn't have given this a second look,6 rabbits I got out of here.post-19879-0-14851700-1508698668_thumb.jpg.The wind still battered us but at least the rain had eased no with just the odd shower, we carried in with a few more bolts, and a few digspost-19879-0-29346800-1508698835_thumb.jpg I met back up with my mate, together we had beaten the elements and accounted for 34 rabbits so not a bad day,post-19879-0-06039700-1508698993_thumb.jpg

Till next time cheers Neil b

• Like 7