A Serious Question

A Serious Question

If I have never spent any time at become a competent shot, as close as one can be, or it all just happens to come together naturally. Breathing, Stance, Hold, Finger on the Trigger, Mindset?

This is a serious question and one that I ask myself more than once every day reading asked questions on this forum and one other page .

If totally new to the sport and not sure as it was with us all once, that it will end up become the sport or occupation that will stay with us, then how should one start?

With any advice given, always get yourself a HW100 comes up time after time. Will it make me a better shot without putting in any hard work?

More to the point will I be Vastly better than all those who do not have or use the HW100 but have taken the time as best as they can to reach a level of shooting that they are within their self proud of being at for now?

Now I am not saying that the HW100 is not and outstanding Air Rifle, but being just only one amongst so many on the market in the opinion of many.

But is it the one to encourage others to get as their first Air Rifle with advice? Should it just be said if ones pocket allows for it to be a future serious consideration?

It can be very confusing when and for one who is just starting out.

I could never bend the ball like Roberto Rivellino as hard as I tried and practised. Some can do so now almost as good in my opinion but not using a ball anything like the ones he and we had back in the day.

All that is one thing more that will be of benefit is of help, I have said it before and say it now. Just wonder though if starting of basic and become competent will as shown with others here when using a top notch tool, now becomes outstanding?

It also applies to all the other Top End rifles. Crawl then Walk before Running?

All the very best

• Like 2

I see what your saying Reno,s

yes the hw100 will help a new shooter become more confidant as say a hw97 or any spring rifle come to that

but its not just the hw100 any pcp will have the same effect make you a good shooter BUT AND ITS A BIG but IS THIS GIVING THEM MISS INFORMATION in making them think they are good shooters ,

As when they pick up a spring rifle they will soon find out there not

And at the end of the day the HW100 along with any pcp is only as good as the

SHOOTER BEHIND IT ,

imo all should learn on a spring rifle this will make them a top marksman once they have master,d it .

BUT a lot do not like spring rifles and go strait to pcp,s

AND THE HW100 IS THE BEST OK FOR THEM IF THERE NOT GOING TO SHOOT ANY THING OTHER THAN A PCP

BUT EVEN WITH A PCP YOU NEED TO PRACTICE

TO ACHIEVE THEM ONE HOLED GROUPS

JMP MIND

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

I would say to any one, in just my opinion. Crawl then Walk before Running. But it is as always ones own choice. Not everyone will stick with it, whatever the age group. Advice is a very hard thing to give with the anonymity of the Internet.

Just food for thought

All the very best

I'm with Villa and Jimmy too renos.

To get the correct technique for shooting a pcp, hw100 or r10 or any other for that matter still needs practice but you grasp the breathing and follow through much quicker than having a lively Springer into your shoulder and having to get your head around the artillery hold and let the rifle do it's own shit as you cradle it.

Also, if your pcp doesn't like the pellets your offering it, you know pretty much straight off. If a novice with a Springer gets the wrong pellets, he may have the technique close but the pellets will never group but I guess that's just experience across the whole sport.

In my opinion, putting pellet on pellet with a pcp at 40 yards doesn't make you a great marksman. It means your a good shot with the rifle your firing.

Do that with a Springer and your very nearly there.

Do it with an untuned Springer when you have found the pellets it likes and that is proper marksmanship in my eyes?

• Like 2

Just look at me reno,s as Mitch will confirm mate Not every one gets along with the hw100

i for one read all about them and longed for one and when i got one off jjm (Jeff) i thought i was the bee,s knees THAT WAS UNTIL I TOOK IT SHOOTING .

Got to the perm at 3am and by 430 am i was going to smash it off a fence post i came on here and called every one a lair ,,, i hatted the bloody things ...every one try,d to tell me to keep at them but i would not have it .horrible bloody guns i say,d .

That was until i got hild of viz,s hw100 sporter you see the other one was a KT turns out my fecking hands are to big for the hwkt hole lol.

and it was making me cant the rifle so i was missing every thing nothing wrong with the rifle off Jeff it was down to my fecking hands lol

So not in any format Renos and the best advice any one can give is

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

WHAT WORKS FOR YOU OR ME MAY NOT FOR SOME ONE ELSE

SO GET YOUR SELF OFF TO A RFD,S OR A RANGE AND TRY SOME IS THE BEST ADVICE WE CAN GIVE .

I GOT THIS RIFLE OFF JEFF AT 9PM AND BY 9AM IT WAS GONE

TOOK ME A GOOD YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE I PICKED UP VIS,S HW100KS

AND THE REST IS HISTORY

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-12139000-1508784697_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-05904900-1508784709_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-13500500-1508784719_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You are all correct lads, and that is my point. getting everything as correct as one can is what it is all about when shooting for it to ultimately work. The problem with any advice one gives over the internet is unless the person is know to at least one on forums like this then how can one give realistic practicable reasonable advice?

Go and get this or that lad. Mommy's and Daddy's goods are sold by god know who to get it or the like. No one knows who is on the other end of this void that is the internet, that is all I am saying Lads.

All the very best

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Aye up Renos :good: .

I spend far more time on target work/ paper in my garden range than anything else, - great chill out after work and very rare I shoot less than a tin of 500/ week.

So practice, is the key, the building of the shot is paramount, recoil or not involved.

A pcp will " bridge" many faults in " the building of the shot",- is that a bad thing ?

Hell yes ! Any beginner should first cut his teeth on a springer (for me) .

• Like 3