Trip To Mr Hopton

Well folks I know a brief post has been done alreadies but here goes. Been up since 9.30 yest morning so bare with em lol. I set off at 6 las night with some ferrets incase the weather played ball for this morning. Arrived at marks at 9pm quick McDonalds and on our way started lamping around 10.30 ish the winds where grand the fields where dark and the cattle surprisingly accommodating. The dogs set off as they meant to go on blade was steady and used to a volume off bunnies so controlled himself where my dog has only ever seen the odd few here and there so was out the traps at her first few throwing herself a lot more than she needed?? mark said she will settle as the night goes on ye right?. We carried on dropping small pockets off at lay bys for pick ups. I laughed and said tonight could be the 50 mark yeh he said dogs aint missing much. Am sure he sweet talked the rabbits into sitting on the clamp for him an run for my Scottish potlicker lol. He did have to reign me in once or twice as I go into my own world and venture. We where around the late teens to early 20s when my bitch hung on a fence knee locked over I thought shit its over for her. We watched blade run 3 and she started to pull slipped her on the next and she picked it up so all was back on. We got back to the car for a quick drink I gave her a quick rub down a small snack and away again 5 mins walk we where back into the bunnies again dogs where running well and not missing much when a sniper came out and down Mark went??. In fact that same sniper got him another twice after that. Both dogs finished in there 40s a first for my bitch as I usually run her local on some bigger game. All in all a fantastic night out on by mark and blade great company and some great land. See you soon for the ton mate. Pitty the rain and wind picked up we could have squeezed the other 13. On behalf of myself and Roxie thanks very much mate

post-21856-0-63381300-1508675486_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Cheers mate as always your welcome , I tried my best to keep on my feet it wasn’t to be first don’t know what happened I was just on the floor with my foot in a bloody rabbit hole 2nd well walked in to a ditch it was that dark 3rd walking sideways on a steep hill with 12 rabbits is tuff and over I went but still enjoyed it lol atvb mark

Was a great night both dogs done great , never seen so many rabbits one a bit of ground , its took its toll on my bad knee now hobbling about like a old man , thanks to john for letting me go the drive down and thanks to mark for letting me tag along with john , i enjoyed the night out

Was a great night both dogs done great , never seen so many rabbits one a bit of ground , its took its toll on my bad knee now hobbling about like a old man , thanks to john for letting me go the drive down and thanks to mark for letting me tag along with john , i enjoyed the night out

You’re more than welcome mate pleased you enjoyed it I know me and blade did

Good going John and Mark &dogs If you put the miles like you do John a goodnight on the rabbits got to turn up sometime .

Lucky for John it only took two attempts last visit was no wind clear stupidly bright night even though we got a few still he got the night I promised him a long time ago

• Like 1