On The Rabbits With Johnrussel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well John will wright a proper review hopefully but here is a taste of last night on my Permishon 87 total clean rabbits both dogs running class with them both showing top fitness levels and some sp

Thanks for the generous comments everyone much appreciated, yes I agree it would be a good team if John was closer poor lad only had 3hr drive down then 3 back, just shows how much he loves the sport

Jimmy thats more than I got ?? the sky was stunning las night dark but clear skies all the stars where right out real nice place to be with a real nice fella to be out with who takes a lot off pride i

Posted Images

thats a excellent night's lamping.no easy feat.

what x of lurcher were you using.?

couldn't you find 13 more to make it the magic 100.?

Spoke to john russel just after they counted them and i said the same.

Well done lads ??

Thanks all again it was the blade & Roxie show absolutely amazing talent these dogs showed last night 87 is a fantastic figure but if I’m truthful could of and should of been a lot more , the rabbit numbers were plenty and every now and then blade was on a rabbit then 1or 2 more would jump up in front and put him of his stride I dropped 3 out my pocket blade dropped a few on the retrieval when he trotted over top of them and away he went after it with the rabbit still alive and kicking in his mouth only to let go to take the strike and if he missed 2 rabbits lost,any amount of hedgerow huggers we’re out and just simply missed a few and that’s the truth gentleman thanks for looking atvb Mark

• Like 1

I’ve been doing this land we were on for few years and don’t think I’ve ever seen so many rabbits in one night up there and some don’t agree with summer hunters and I do agree with most but sometimes you get understood what some land owners want and expect from you now I’m sure Big Mac John and a few more friends would agree that the land I’m on is top class with the most stunning views and worth fighting to hold on too my point of this jibber is over the last summer I’ve missed 2 weekends up here and taken 100,s of rabbits and now know I’ve not even made a dent in there population thank god lol