Bloody Hell This Could Have Put Me In The A+E .!!

Went to have a shower / shave tonight , got me kit off, stepped in to the shower tray, went to pull the door which is on runners , next thing bang the door came off and glass every where, cut me top of me hand and cut by me toe . it the shower in the place as we bought it, good powerful shower no prob , the frame bit old we was going to have new bathroom next year or so, feck me looks like be lot sooner now haha so having shower with door open , floor getting bit wet outside , but that it really, but was very lucky, i could have been cut a lot worse . :yes:

Went to have a shower / shave tonight , got me kit off, stepped in to the shower tray, went to pull the door which is on runners , next thing bang the door came off and glass every where, cut me top of me hand and cut by me toe . it the shower in the place as we bought it, good powerful shower no prob , the frame bit old we was going to have new bathroom next year or so, feck me looks like be lot sooner now haha so having shower with door open , floor getting bit wet outside , but that it really, but was very lucky, i could have been cut a lot worse . :yes:

My boss went on holiday for a week and came home to a smashed glass shower door . Nobody had been in the house at all. When he spoke to his insurance the guy said that it sometimes happens . Not sure why tho . He managed to get it replaced on his insurance

When I saw the title I thought it was some old bird you'd met on your travels who'd put your back out :D

Cheers, D.

I thought ray had tried some of the more complicated combos from the padwork bible and got into trouble.

post-1341-0-40184200-1508620013_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

See the title thought you had been out ferreting and got attacked , I was just having a look round for some bino's and loose change ...?

I blame Brexit , never heard doors just breaking before it ...

• Like 4

But on a more serious note Bird.

There was a piece on the Jeremy vine show a while back

We're people were ringing in about Argos glass garden tables exploding on there own accord.

Something about the glass being under it's own pressure or something the expert reckoned.

Here's the boring, practical post :rolleyes: ......

It's a health and safety thing - any sheet of glass that is designed to be near a person is now designed to shatter into little bits - shower screens, tables, car windows (windscreens are slightly different), bus stops, phone boxes.

But, it didn't stop me from nearly shitting myself when I once found my daughter standing on our glass topped dining table :o

It's better than the old way where glass could break into large shards and slice people.

However, having glass that will shatter into little bits means that it is less tolerant to stress. If it's surrounded by a frame that isn't exactly square or, is susceptible to expansion and contraction, it could shatter quite easily.

I'm glad you suffered no more than a couple of minor cuts :thumbs:

It's a health and safety thing - any sheet of glass that is designed to be near a person is now designed to shatter into little bits - shower screens, tables, car windows (windscreens are slightly different), bus stops, phone boxes.

But, it didn't stop me from nearly shitting myself when I once found my daughter standing on our glass topped dining table :o

It's better than the old way where glass could break into large shards and slice people.

However, having glass that will shatter into little bits means that it is less tolerant to stress. If it's surrounded by a frame that isn't exactly square or, is susceptible to expansion and contraction, it could shatter quite easily.

How is made to shatter into tiny squares though.

Are minute lines etched into the glass or something.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toughened_glass
  • Like 2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toughened_glass

Spot on :thumbs: