Hob Season

Ok waiting for my hob to come out of season before he spends time with my 2 Jill kits . He got vasectomised this year . His balls are still on show at the moment. Whens likely that they recede and he's out of season ? These are my first ferrets and never had to check if hob was out if season before

Hobs should be out of season by now if they live outside, my two are, one of my Jill's came back in season though so it's Jill jab for her as she's in with a hob but he ain't bothered. A lad keeps his pugs in his house with lights etc and they seem to breed all year. How much did it cost to have the hob done, my last hoblet passed away, atb j

Hobs should be out of season by now if they live outside, my two are, one of my Jill's came back in season though so it's Jill jab for her as she's in with a hob but he ain't bothered. A lad keeps his pugs in his house with lights etc and they seem to breed all year. How much did it cost to have the hob done, my last hoblet passed away, atb j

Can't remember exactly how much . My brain says 70 for some reason but im not 100% sure

When I go back in the house I'll check with the Mrs , she'll remember the price

Edited by Welsh_red

My hob has been in with the jills this past month. Put your hob in with one of the jills to see if he scruffs it. If he doesnt scruff it hes out of season. He might start licking her ears, thats normal when they first meet or havent seen each other for a while.

This is going to sound like such a basic question but im going to ask it anyway. If he starts scruffing her i means he's in season I take it . Is there a proper way to seperate them or just pull them apart ? Is there any other signs I should look out for when they meet

Is your jills in season? If he starts scruffin them then its like you sliding up to missus on couch with that, hello darling wanna go upstairs an play hide the boaby? Smile on yer face, Haha, even tho his balls are down he may not be too fussed. like when we see a stunner but are busy ferreting or fishing haha

Where you ferreting or fishing to be meeting stunners lol

Is your jills in season? If he starts scruffin them then its like you sliding up to missus on couch with that, hello darling wanna go upstairs an play hide the boaby? Smile on yer face, Haha, even tho his balls are down he may not be too fussed. like when we see a stunner but are busy ferreting or fishing haha

Both my Jill's are this year's kits. I haven't seen their lady bits swelling to make me think their in season

This is earlier. They were ok with eachother while eating the malt paste. They started sniffing his crotch area and licking his ears . He then grabbed one by the scruff so I took him out the situation . Will keep trying until he's out of season completely

post-99802-0-85781500-1508712169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Welsh_red

Na thats normal mate Id put him back an keep yer eye on them an unless theres the screams ye only hear when ye hit wrong hole haha then leave em to them it, either that or back of there necks start bleeding then otherwise let em craic on

Fair enough , I'll try again tonight . I'll get rid of the piping incase he drags them in there and I can't get in to seperate them

Your worrying yourself for no reason mate, they're fierce little sods at the best of times. A couple of months ago I introduced a new jill with mine and there were fireworks for over a week as she battled with my old jill.

There was another week or so when the old girl slept on her own and ran a mile each time they met and since then they are curled up together with the others.

Your worrying yourself for no reason mate, they're fierce little sods at the best of times. A couple of months ago I introduced a new jill with mine and there were fireworks for over a week as she battled with my old jill.

There was another week or so when the old girl slept on her own and ran a mile each time they met and since then they are curled up together with the others.

I know im being a bit of a fanny over it lol. With them being my first ferrets im trying not to make mistakes with them. The hob I have is a few years old and im not sure if he's ever been with other ferrets before . He's a big lump of a hob and I was worried hed break the girls because their a bit small. Edited by Welsh_red
  • 5 weeks later...

Hob still seems to be in season.  He's been outside but the weather cycle doesn't seem to have taken his balls away yet . Had him with one of the kits tonight and he's still being a bit of a dick head . I put malt paste over the kits neck but he didn't seem to care . Both were circling eachother sniffing each others crotches and he grabbed her by the neck and started shaking her . Will keep periodically triyng them and hopefully when hes out of season he'll be easier on them .

Cheers for all the advice on here