We Are The Poor Man Fighting The Elite Brothers !! Lol

Edit

Main article: List of expenses claims in the United Kingdom parliamentary expenses scandal

Prior to The Daily Telegraph's revelations in May and June 2009 and the official publication of expenses claims in June 2009, and during the Freedom of Information cases, there were a variety of exposés that covered the controversial John Lewis List (a list considered to indicate amounts that could be claimed without question) and individual MPs’ expenses claims.[17] Examples of items publicised prior to the May 2009 disclosures included:

Tony Blair's expenses were shredded 'by mistake' when they were the subject of a legal bid to have them published.[24]

Conservative Derek Conway was alleged in May 2007 to have employed and paid his son, a student at the time. The matter was forwarded to the House of Commons Standards and Privileges Committee, whose report dated 28 January 2008 concluded there was no record of such work. Conway was suspended for 10 days and ordered to repay £13,000.[25] Conway was also expelled from the party. A second case a year later found he had done the same with regard to his other son.[26]

Chairman of the Conservative Party Caroline Spelman was alleged in June 2008 to have paid for her nanny out of parliamentary expenses during her early years in Parliament, between 1997 and 1998[27]—an allegation that became known as "Nannygate". It was ruled that she had inadvertently "misapplied part of [her] parliamentary allowances", but calls for her sacking were rebutted since she might not have been aware of the rules governing the use or purpose of parliamentary allowances. The committee recommended that Spelman repay £9,600.[28]

Married couple and Labour Cabinet ministers Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper were accused in September 2007 of exploiting the Commons' allowances system in order to pay for a £655,000 house in London. The complaint, centring on the gain made by allocation of their "second house", was dismissed since it was held the couple had acted in accordance with parliamentary rules.[29]

Married Conservative MPs Sir Nicholas and Lady Winterton were accused in June 2008 of claiming back mortgage interest on a mortgage they had fully repaid, on a flat they owned in London, and then also placing the flat in trust and claiming for the rent on it.[30] It was held there had been a clear breach of the rules, but no repayment was ordered.[citation needed]

Labour Home Secretary Jacqui Smith was stated to have claimed for her main home by designating it as a second home, while identifying as her main home a location where she spent as little as 2 days a week, and despite also having access to a "grace and favour" home in Westminster. No investigation was held, however, the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards stating there was "not sufficient evidence for an inquiry".

Labour minister Tony McNulty admitted claiming expenses for a second home in Harrow, 8 miles from his main home in Hammersmith, and asserted they were appropriate, but ceased claiming the allowances.[31] Under continuing pressure, he apologised to the House for expenses abuses on 29 October 2009.

Conservative MP Eric Pickles likewise was identified as claiming for a second home 37 miles from his main home.[32]

There is a ailment in Westminster , seems it is contracted when people get a bit of power and easy access to public funding , it's called pigandtrough syndrome ...no known cure has been found and all funding to find a cure has been diverted to the off white gay lesbian can't make up my mind refugee's sharia for England society, so don't expect any change soon or ring the old bill cause they haven't got time to mess about looking at thieving in high places while on red alert looking for hate crimes ...?

• Like 8

There is a ailment in Westminster , seems it is contracted when people get a bit of power and easy access to public funding , it's called pigandtrough syndrome ...no known cure has been found and all funding to find a cure has been diverted to the off white gay lesbian can't make up my mind refugee's sharia for England society, so don't expect any change soon or ring the old bill cause they haven't got time to mess about looking at thieving in high places while on red alert looking for hate crimes ...

No, no.....your life is much better than at anytime in the past and the state is doing you proud.........I have a survey (commissioned funnily enough by the state) to prove it!!.......probably ! Lol

There is a ailment in Westminster , seems it is contracted when people get a bit of power and easy access to public funding , it's called pigandtrough syndrome ...no known cure has been found and all funding to find a cure has been diverted to the off white gay lesbian can't make up my mind refugee's sharia for England society, so don't expect any change soon or ring the old bill cause they haven't got time to mess about looking at thieving in high places while on red alert looking for hate crimes ...

No, no.....your life is much better than at anytime in the past and the state is doing you proud.........I have a survey (commissioned funnily enough by the state) to prove it!!.......probably ! Lol
Should that not be " allegedly " , not that it makes a jot of difference , my life won't change for the better till I find the fcuking ticket office for the gravy train ...tried all the major train stations but drew a blank , the little fcuker is out there somewhere it's just a case of finding it ...??
  • Like 1

Is there any such thing as an incorruptible human being? Sadly, probably not. The saying : "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" is true. Unfortunately.

The only thing we can do is make those in power subject to intense scrutiny .....and get them to court whenever they take the piss. But politicians won't pass legislation which might imprison their own kind. So ... :hmm::hmm::hmm: what to do? Don't vote? Attractive proposition. But what will fill the void that Westminster leaves? Anarchy? Bit too scary for me.

Edited by jukel123

84-85 strike sickened me of the NUM, officials like Scargill living like kings throughout and some rank and file members almost starving and having to sell cars, furniture even houses just to survive

who told you that

Bent as rats backs the fekin lot I had memorys of when I worked down the pit the NUM paid Scargills mortgage off during the strike when I were loosing my feker.All that money that's in the unions coffers should be given to a worthy charity imho instead of the poncing c@nts that's paying them a good wage every year out of it.

Is there any such thing as an incorruptible human being? Sadly, probably not. The saying : "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" is true. Unfortunately.

The only thing we can do is make those in power subject to intense scrutiny .....and get them to court whenever they take the piss. But politicians won't pass legislation which might imprison their own kind. So ... :hmm::hmm::hmm: what to do? Don't vote? Attractive proposition. But what will fill the void that Westminster leaves? Anarchy? Bit too scary for me.

Rational men can't beleive in any of this anymore..........and it seems rational men can't not beleive in it either.

That, my friend, is what you call a terrible dilemma ;)

• Like 1

FFS some of the comments on ex miners facebook pages saying its a ploy to undermine Corbyn though a lot like me are realising their all the fekin same out for their own ends and does anybody think this Lavery geezer gives a flying f**k as he knows come election time the same people who he supposedly represents will be stupid enough to vote him back in his comfy job.

• Like 1