Goshawks

Anyone ever seen one in the wild?

I thought I caught a glimpse of one in the uk, but I've had quite a few really good sightings here in belgium ;-)

Only last week I saw a juvenile male fly over the bottom of my garden while I was taking a shower :-)

Russian male I had out here.....image.jpgimage.jpg

I dont know alot about these birds but in your top picture do you not worry about the bird getting tangled with that tether setup ? He looks in very good feather compared to some ive seen
What I should of had was a fixed figure of eight double ring to attaché the Jess extender to. As you can see I had a separate ring & carabiner type set-up which is flawed, but I never had any problems with that as it go's, but it's true I took a bit of a chance.....but when I use that set-up again I will use a welded double ring for sure......;-)

Swing perches when used correctly are very good & cause a lot less baiting.....:-)

Edited by Accip74

I dont know alot about these birds but in your top picture do you not worry about the bird getting tangled with that tether setup ? He looks in very good feather compared to some ive seen
What I should of had was a fixed figure of eight double ring to attaché the Jess extender to. As you can see I had a separate ring & carabiner type set-up which is flawed, but I never had any problems with that as it go's, but it's true I took a bit of a chance.....but when I use that set-up again I will use a welded double ring for sure......;-)

Swing perches when used correctly are very good & cause a lot less baiting.....:-)

Ah right obviously wasnt saying it was done wrong just that sort of thing interests me slightly thats all looks like a good setup i suppose a swing perch maybe help with fitness to ??

Ah right obviously wasnt saying it was done wrong just that sort of thing interests me slightly thats all looks like a good setup i suppose a swing perch maybe help with fitness to

You were quite right in spotting the possible flaw. That pic would of been slaughtered on the IFF! haha.....

He defo worked off his weight quicker on there than any other perch & it keeps them calmer. I had that strung up above head height between two big trees & that kept him cool as.........;-)