Things Are Looking Up

Went visiting some of my permission today. not been on for a while, pleasantly surprised as the dog worked the hedgerows and flushed a few bunnies, last time I was their, there was bugger all. so that put a smile on my face, I was over the moon to put summat in front of the dog, that's important to me, so much so, I toyed with the idea of letting her go to someone who could give her the work she was born to do, but the bond between us now is fantastic, so here she stays, yesterday we walked through cattle, she never give em a second glance, hope the rest of you are having a good season, still thin on the ground here, but we enjoy being out in the fields n woodlands.

• Like 10

ive lost no permission, its just the fact that here the bunnies are well down, my bitch works hard in the field looking for stuff, and it saddens me when theres nowt for her to catch, and being thin on the ground, with the 1 dog, daytime rabbits aren't easy prey. that's why I toyed with letting her go to someone who could put plenty of work in front of her, but here she stays, did my head in losing Nell, couldn't envisage life without a working dog out in the fields, in fact if things pick up, I may get another dog, f**k my age, im fit and it would be company for penny,

• Like 2

What about lamping ?

thats a thought keith , jump in the motor and have flick about with the lamp, you never know you might few more rabbits, to go at , then go in the day and ask to ferret it . :yes: i think you do well knocking few doors, being a old lad and with nice whippet , i stopped asking years ago, they always said no , maybe there didnt like the look of me lol, feck me i have no chance if they seen Buck if i asked today :D keep at it keith , i had cracking night monday post on here :thumbs:

I have found a lot more enjoyment having a running dog working alongside a little bushing dog or two, especially if game is hard to come by as They tend to gee each other on and more importantly for me they enjoy each other's company in down time. Some months I barely see a rabbit on the land we wander daily in the daytime, if so the lamp comes out for some nights for the running dog but he is just as happy in my eyes wandering the daytime and working his knackers off to find anything little bit of action on offer.

Edited by matt1979

A good home is more important than loads of work any day. The dog is lucky. I would have a flick around with lamp mind. Even just get one or two runs would be good for you and the dog. I was out last night 3 runs and home and now I know the dog will be laying in the front room happy with his lot the soppy fooker

37306298872_8ec7f474d9_c.jpg

• Like 2