Home Brewing

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bang right Ant, that’s what I’ve done. I bought a temperature controller from eBay (£20) from China, and with a few quid of electrical supplies from Screwfix and PoundStretcher, made a module. You pre

the coopers irish stout it really nice if made with spraymalt instead of sugar.

I brew quite a lot, mostly beer now but do the odd wine and sometimes I ferment straight wash to 20%, clear it and add a flavour, the best I've found is Cuban rum essence which costs about 2.50 and wi

Posted Images

Use to do it the more sugar you put in the stronger it gets I got a bit excited on one brew put loads of sugar in it woke up in the morning after a few bottles in the shed with the dogs licking my face rough as a badgers ass and her in doors laughing at me but I started finding it moreish so knocked it on the head I still have the barrel belt etc

I brew quite a lot, mostly beer now but do the odd wine and sometimes I ferment straight wash to 20%, clear it and add a flavour, the best I've found is Cuban rum essence which costs about 2.50 and will you a 750cl bottle of good tasting 20% rum "style" which tastes good with a drop of coke and ice and less than £4 for a 750cl.

Average beer works out about 35p a pint and if you go a bit more upmarket maybe 45p.

It's enjoyable and commercial beer tastes like piss when you make your own proper stuff because that's exactly what it is.

Commercial breweries churn out some real crap, Budweiser are very disappointed now they have to write on the label what it's made from......RICE. Check the small print on the front....no more America's finest hops and barley...Vietnams cheapest rice.

• Like 2

Haven't made anything this year, but I've just got access to a good sized orchard, so the cider will be flowing next time round !

I've made nettle beer (nice), carrot wine (very sweet, very strong), damson, blackberry, or anything else I can forage usually. I've had blackberry wine up to 12%, 6 bottles for the cost of a bag of sugar !

Me and my mate keep threatening to make a corn mash spirit........

• Like 1

I like beer brewing and have got back into it over the last two year, I did my first in a corney keg, and just finished that, it’s good to do, I liked the dry recipes years ago but struggle to get the ingredients now, so been doing Coopers kits, and they have been good,

• Like 1

I like beer brewing and have got back into it over the last two year, I did my first in a corney keg, and just finished that, it’s good to do, I liked the dry recipes years ago but struggle to get the ingredients now, so been doing Coopers kits, and they have been good,

• Like 3

yes it’s spot on I have done this with brewing sugar instead of normal white sugar it’s very tasty, I bottled there stout, and kegged a bitter, am going to get some in for Xmas, trying to get some flip top bottles

sure fire way to being a alcoholic

i speak from experiance LOL

You're right mate, When I was brewing every time I came through the front door I felt compelled to pour a pint, then another, then another. Used to enjoy pints of Muntons Barley Wine.

Decided to stop brewing and sold all my kit to a mate.

Mind you, it was nice to get home from work at 4 am and sit there having a beer for a couple of hours.

• Like 2