Feeding Wild Birds.

Do any of yous feed the birds in your gardens I love feeding and watching them I could sit for hour's looking out the window at them,I feed this and sunflower hearts and a no mess mix,I get mostly sparrows,tits Robin's a few dunnock and the odd chaffinch, what do you lad's feed and what birds come to your feeder's a few pic's would be nice.

post-94083-0-13692000-1508410271_thumb.jpg

post-94083-0-86691500-1508410286_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a few...   Male House Finch.       Female black-chinned hummingbird.       Male Bullock's Oriole.       I'm no photographer

Massive amount of goldfinches around this year

Posted Images

Yea fed them for years. Get goldies, yellow hammers. Chaffinches robins and all the other usual suspects. Had to move my feeders other month. A Cat got into the habit on the other side of fence and snatching birds.

Even like the pigeons visiting as they are like cleaners at the bottom of the feeders lol

i get that no mess seed aswell. Bit dearer but less weeds.

I go through bags of those meal worms and fat balls.

tell you one bird i haven't seen in years is bull finches. As a kid saw them all time.

must be un decline.

@peter see you get you're feed from poundies too lol

• Like 1

I do. Get alot of goldfinch. Greenfinch. Chaffinch. Long tailed tits. Blue tit. Robins. Nut hatch. Got a Tree creeper coming recently.. woodpeckers quite a few. Better than a doorbell aswell lol

Could you send me a picture of a Greenfinch so I can remember what they look like.

My father is little short of buying his wild bird food in bulk and has 100s of birds coming to his garden and the most common used to be the Greenfinch and now there's none.

Very sad.

Yea fed them for years. Get goldies, yellow hammers. Chaffinches robins and all the other usual suspects. Had to move my feeders other month. A Cat got into the habit on the other side of fence and snatching birds.

Even like the pigeons visiting as they are like cleaners at the bottom of the feeders lol

i get that no mess seed aswell. Bit dearer but less weeds.

I go through bags of those meal worms and fat balls.

tell you one bird i haven't seen in years is bull finches. As a kid saw them all time.

must be un decline.

@peter see you get you're feed from poundies too lol

Haha they do small bags of no mess mix but had none when I went in I get my sunflower hearts in a horse food place up the road.

• Like 1

I do. Get alot of goldfinch. Greenfinch. Chaffinch. Long tailed tits. Blue tit. Robins. Nut hatch. Got a Tree creeper coming recently.. woodpeckers quite a few. Better than a doorbell aswell lol

Could you send me a picture of a Greenfinch so I can remember what they look like.

My father is little short of buying his wild bird food in bulk and has 100s of birds coming to his garden and the most common used to be the Greenfinch and now there's none.

Very sad.

:thumbs:

post-104679-0-17828600-1508413949_thumb.png

post-104679-0-99916400-1508413976_thumb.png

• Like 5

Very sad.

Plenty of green finches around here Neil just don't get them on my birdtable,we're does you're father buy his food there's a place up here called the corn store they do 3 kilo bags give or take of Niger,sunflower hearts,peanuts, safflower, hemp,at five euro a bag,there aslo cheep with aviary bird seed and if you were buying in bulk you would get it cheaper.

Used to, but it turned into a feeding station for sparrow hawks :censored:

That's why I would do it! Haha.....

It's the best thing about my neighbours bird feeders..............the spars! ;-)

Goldfinches and Greenfinch are eating me out of house and home never known so many. My mate and I buy sunflower hearts and niger off ebay much cheeper, stopped feeding that no mess as the Sparrows go mental for it then start on my garden veg. I feed sultanas on the window sill and on top of the ferret hutch for the Blackbirds they love them. A bit later I start feeding peanuts which will draw in the woodpeckers and the suet blocks for the Tits. No thrushes any more though.

Cheers Arry