• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to work part time in a working men's club when I was a young lad in the 80'sand 90's it was some spot.   Every Saturday we'd do big pots of bodice and crobeens, lads used be mad for them.  

if you come this side of the river mate have a look at the three horse shoes in frampton on Severn, it's like walking in someone's house, most evenings the men play guitars and the women sing there is

Wouldnt matter what my local laid on , most of the regulars are to engrossed in betting on there mobiles.. The art of conersations dead sadly

Posted Images

Think the spit and sawdust bars are gone really where if you stood in one place to long the soles of you shoes started to stick to the floor, or a ferret running around the bar cos somebody got bit and dropped it. Few proper pubs around but most you have to book, most are eating houses.

Forest of Dean Redneck comment on carrot crunching accent made me laugh, and reminded me of when i was in a bar in Ireland near Cork and two old ladies keep asking me to say Ambrosia cream rice from the advert.

Cheers Arry

Two of those left in my county that I can think of pal, and one of them's on the skids..

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/15376182.Fight_is_on_to_save_iconic_pub_from_closure/

The others a proper, countryside hunting pub:

https://thegoodpubguide.co.uk/pub/sa68+0te/cresselly+arms/

Think the spit and sawdust bars are gone really where if you stood in one place to long the soles of you shoes started to stick to the floor, or a ferret running around the bar cos somebody got bit and dropped it. Few proper pubs around but most you have to book, most are eating houses.

Forest of Dean Redneck comment on carrot crunching accent made me laugh, and reminded me of when i was in a bar in Ireland near Cork and two old ladies keep asking me to say Ambrosia cream rice from the advert.

Cheers Arry

Two of those left in my county that I can think of pal, and one of them's on the skids..

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/15376182.Fight_is_on_to_save_iconic_pub_from_closure/

I see there trying to get the first one a community pub theres one near me one of the first in the country "The TallyHo" at Littlehempston. Great success would have been worth buying in but never thought about it at the time. The was three good pubs in Haverfordwest in a square where three roads meet one on each corner, if my memory severs me right it was over 45 years ago though. Very welcoming except one night walk to the square full of people over flow from the pubs singing and shouting in Welsh just push my way through nodding never said a word and nearly craping myself and went back to my digs.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Cheers Arry

I see there trying to get the first one a community pub theres one near me one of the first in the country "The TallyHo" at Littlehempston. Great success would have been worth buying in but never thought about it at the time. The was three good pubs in Haverfordwest in a square where three roads meet one on each corner, if my memory severs me right it was over 45 years ago though. Very welcoming except one night walk to the square full of people over flow from the pubs singing and shouting in Welsh just push my way through nodding never said a word and nearly craping myself and went back to my digs.

Cheers Arry

Must have been a rugby day, you don't hear much Welsh in Haverfordwest usually! :laugh::thumbs:

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry

Must have been a rugby day, you don't hear much Welsh in Haverfordwest usually! :laugh::thumbs:

No it was kind of Welsh national language or something like that the locals told me nobody was talking English. Also the local people don't sound Welsh out there they sound more like west country. I think they told me they call it little England is that right?

Cheers Arry

We have a very good pup in the next village goodmanham arms, brews his own beer 3 open fires cooks stew on a pot on the fire and they is no phone signal there so no one playing on phones , o and only uses candles if any one passing East Yorkshire it's well worth a call in

• Like 1

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry

No it was kind of Welsh national language or something like that the locals told me nobody was talking English. Also the local people don't sound Welsh out there they sound more like west country. I think they told me they call it little England is that right?

Cheers Arry

Long story, thousands of years long going back to before the days of the Normans, Vikings, Romans, Irish and probably a few thousand years again before that.. :laugh:

We have a very good pup in the next village goodmanham arms, brews his own beer 3 open fires cooks stew on a pot on the fire and they is no phone signal there so no one playing on phones , o and only uses candles if any one passing East Yorkshire it's well worth a call in

Used to go in there with Dave Evans huntsman with the hunsley beacon beagles, good pub. Some good boozers in that neck of the woods, still like nellies (white horse in beverley) worth a visit £2 a pint and gas lamps in the bars great crowd in there.

• Like 1

Cawl is the food of the gods mate .......

soup with a bit of cheese you lot are easy pleased, i suppose you dont know anybetter coming from such a back water.

Soup ??? How very fukcing dare you .......

• Like 2

Used to go in there with Dave Evans huntsman with the hunsley beacon beagles, good pub. Some good boozers in that neck of the woods, still like nellies (white horse in beverley) worth a visit £2 a pint and gas lamps in the bars great crowd in there.
First time I went In nellys I got lost I was a bit tipsy ther is loads of dark small rooms with 2 doors to every room