• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to work part time in a working men's club when I was a young lad in the 80'sand 90's it was some spot.   Every Saturday we'd do big pots of bodice and crobeens, lads used be mad for them.  

if you come this side of the river mate have a look at the three horse shoes in frampton on Severn, it's like walking in someone's house, most evenings the men play guitars and the women sing there is

Wouldnt matter what my local laid on , most of the regulars are to engrossed in betting on there mobiles.. The art of conersations dead sadly

Posted Images

some good ones up the dales,,,some not changed much at all.....roaring fires,,,ect,,,,day ferreting then in to the pub for a swift half of theakstons with our welsh guest,,,and watch england batter the taffs in the 6 nations,,,, :D great days

• Like 2

Some great old pubs all over the country, the're usually the least likely lookin ones.

The 'who the feck would drink in there' ones...

Gonna try to find one tomorrow in Manchester, whilst my girls are watching Little Mix... ;)

Some great old pubs all over the country, the're usually the least likely lookin ones.

Gonna try to find one tomorrow in Manchester, whilst my girls are watching Little Mix... ;)

I keep thinking to try the peveral of the peaks, its often in the camra magazine

Fukc off bosun you will be dancing around inside the arena with your daughters lol .......

• Like 1

Fukc off bosun you will be dancing around inside the arena with your daughters lol .......

Your ruining me THL 'cred' here Socks! lol

My local is great no music, good conversation, dog and pickled egg friendly, coffin dodgers begging the odd rabbit, craft beers £3 a pint, loads of friendly pisstaking, lurcher lads use it. Clay shoot for a bottle of glen fiddich every 2 months. People make pubs not brewerys overpricing. Hope the traditional pub is always with us.

• Like 2

Was talking to other half this morning an mentioned not seen traditional pub where they keep the pickled eggs to eat with the crisps,like when I was a kid in Dorset.

She looked at me in a mixture of disgust and awe then started going on about Dorset being backward etc

so when I questioned her London roots an the disgusting shellfish they eat (the sort green lurchers likes)lol

Got me thinking does the nation wide collective on here know of the old fashioned style pubs.

An the mad thing is I don't really like pickled eggs pmsl.

Oh an me an her popped into a trendy drinking establishment in town last night a pint of craft ale an large house white wine was just over £9 ffs

if you come this side of the river mate have a look at the three horse shoes in frampton on Severn, it's like walking in someone's house, most evenings the men play guitars and the women sing there is no jukebox or telly just a roaring fire and the landlady makes a pie that has gained nationwide fame it's only £8 but you will struggle to walk if you finish it and to cap it off they sell black rat on draught, I know of an even more spit and sawdust pub further along the Severn near Worcester called the camp house inn there are chickens and peacocks walking around in the bar
  • Like 4

Think the spit and sawdust bars are gone really where if you stood in one place to long the soles of you shoes started to stick to the floor, or a ferret running around the bar cos somebody got bit and dropped it. Few proper pubs around but most you have to book, most are eating houses.

Forest of Dean Redneck comment on carrot crunching accent made me laugh, and reminded me of when i was in a bar in Ireland near Cork and two old ladies keep asking me to say Ambrosia cream rice from the advert.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Grey man ever been in ty salutation at ham by He Berkeley hunt kennels they always have eggs behind the bar and good ciders and ales

not for many years I worked in Berkeley power station over 35 years ago so I expect it's changed since then though I still drive past it regular as I have a mate that lives on a boat in sharpness so I usually spend my beer tokens in the dockers club if I,m up there

I keep thinking to try the peveral of the peaks, its often in the camra magazine

Nice on Dido... Just Googled it. Might just give that one a go. :)

My local(that's not local) is called the weighbridge, in a village called alvechurch. £3.20 a pint, no doom bar there, always 3 ales you've never had before, 6 in total. Some good cider. All very well kept by a professional landlord who knows how to treat ales. Baps, pork pies, scotch eggs, nuts and scratchings. Nice little pub on the canal. I must pass 10 pubs to get there but I wouldn't go anywhere else, still shuts in the afternoon which suits me, keeps me sensible

• Like 1