Taxidermy And Hunting Q & A

Hi, all!
I'm currently writing a report on trophy hunting and taxidermy and I need some information. I figure it would be good to get some updated and current information from hunters and taxidermists rather than just from a textbook to show modern perspective.

Input from modern hunters is really valuable in my research and your help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

1: What's your favorite trophy piece? What makes it special?

2: What was your largest trophy? Where did you get it? Did you hunt it yourself?

3: Do you think there should be more or less regulation on hunting?

4: How do trophies now compare to trophies a few years ago? How about ten or twenty years ago?

5: What are your thoughts on "hunting for conservation?"

7: Do you own trophies hunted by other people? If not why not?

8: Where would you hang the trophy in your home/work place?

Hi, all!

I'm currently writing a report on trophy hunting and taxidermy and I need some information. I figure it would be good to get some updated and current information from hunters and taxidermists rather than just from a textbook to show modern perspective.

Input from modern hunters is really valuable in my research and your help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

1: What's your favorite trophy piece? What makes it special?

2: What was your largest trophy? Where did you get it? Did you hunt it yourself?

3: Do you think there should be more or less regulation on hunting?

4: How do trophies now compare to trophies a few years ago? How about ten or twenty years ago?

5: What are your thoughts on "hunting for conservation?"

7: Do you own trophies hunted by other people? If not why not?

8: Where would you hang the trophy in your home/work place?

I don't like the word trophy preferring the word mount.

1. A full Irish Hare that my lurcher lifted after been bested by the same Hare 3 times before.

2.The largest piece I have is a 16 point Red Deer skull that some arsehole shot from a vehicle and left to rot in a field. One brow tyne is around 16 inches long.

3.Less.

4. My favourite mounts are masks etc. that have been accounted for by hounds or dogs and it's rarely done nowadays.

5. ALL hunting should be with conservation in mind. Most of it is.

6 or 7. I have an 8 point Sike head shot by a friend and a badger mask dug legally many years ago. When the wife went I took her picture of the wall and replaced it with the badger mask. It must have been dug with a very hard terrier.

8. Where I can see and enjoy them. I have the mask of a 21 lb dog fox over the telly. Every time I think of it I think of Duke who didn't win his last one under ground.

• Like 4