Indonesian Boar 'fighting'

Me,i believe traditional sports should be left alone,especially by foriengers.

Yup,as soon as you turn on a TV in Thailand theres bull-fighting (two bulls)and cock fighting,same in the PI theres cokc-fighting and I have seen horse fighting there (two horses).
Seen pics of horse fighting in Mongolia I think?

I saw horse fighting years ago at a t'boli wedding in Mindanao,i don't condone nor condem it,wasnt my thing but they enjoyed it :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And let's be frank, if you were breeding a bull blooded lurcher or something similar that's where you would want your blood to come from.........not from Darryl's fat staffy down the road !

As baiting go's that's at the high end!..............& to give it some context, what the fcuk else are you going to do there on a Friday night!   I'd watch it with a cold beer :-)

Me,i believe traditional sports should be left alone,especially by foriengers.

The worst of it is, I own a perfect spot for them !!!

I hear the screams ''RELEASE THE BEASTS '' :laugh:

Jesus, you struggle enough dragging those bagged goats across god knows what, a decent sized boar would finish you mate! :laugh:

• 2 months later...
On 19/10/2017 at 18:55, forest of dean redneck said:

Boar that gets down in a watercourse,tucks its arse in under an overhanging bank,takes some shifting and a special dog to meet him head on.

always in two minds about this clip .... 

those pig dogs look capable of so much more than just bailing that swine up , but then again is that the whole point? Boxing clever ? 

Then the dogos come! 

Lug apiece , look in good shape as well 

just read fodrn statement and instantly thought of this clip 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

those pig dogs look capable of so much more than just bailing that swine up , but then again is that the whole point? Boxing clever ? 

Then the dogos come! 

No prisoners,no hesitation,those dogos were straight in.

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I love how the others seem to be a bit reluctant and that first  dogo just hits it like a train! 

Makes ya wonder if they'd find their voice when alone with one for half an hour before anyone can get to them... I'm a bit dubious seeing two slipped.

Also wonder if they'd be able to find in the first place. They look lumbering hulks in comparison to the first three bayers, maybe a case of being bred to do a job that requires nothing but balls for a minute or two?

Its funny, we're all different I suppose, I was more taken with the three bayers.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Makes ya wonder if they'd find their voice when alone with one for half an hour before anyone can get to them... I'm a bit dubious seeing two slipped.

Also wonder if they'd be able to find in the first place. They look lumbering hulks in comparison to the first three bayers, maybe a case of being bred to do a job that requires nothing but balls for a minute or two?

Its funny, we're all different I suppose, I was more taken with the three bayers.

Well let’s put it this way if I my self could only own two dogs I’d have two bayers/finders and use a gun to dispatch instead owning two them dogos as I recon they couldn’t find shit in a sty lol 

but for entertainment only I still liked watching them ballsy little dogs on there own 

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yeah totally get that born , 

seemed a nice type didn’t they? 

Rangy, keen but I just got the impression they were waiting on their big mate to turn up? 

Just maybe how that lad hunts though in fairness? 

I liked that they were tight with their boar, not 10ft away safely baying. That boar was a bit lively but they were pushing him, just not actually holding, I like that personally. As you say I'm sure they knew the score, but personally I like to see dogs learn and adapt like that. No need to be stitching all your dogs up, LOL. Maybe they'd be braver and take hold if it was necessary? That'd be smart but either way I liked them.

Though, I don't go hunting to see dogs be hard/brave, I do it to see them drop game on the grass with efficiency and style, sometimes that requires hardness/bravery but I don't value it above anything else personally.

From a practical point, I reckon I'd have a better time with those three and a spear or level action than I would being dragged through the brambles by a bloody minded dogo intent on closing to the sound of baying. Ha

• Like 1
12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Then the dogos come! 

tbh that ones just up against the river bank ,I meant when they retreat under a overhang where the watercourse has eroded the bottom part and it's all tree rooty etc

i suppose with the dogs it's the dogos mindset and the fact as they are more solid they can control the pig more /anchor weight?

the bayers when they engage it get thrown around more don't they .

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

tbh that ones just up against the river bank ,I meant when they retreat under a overhang where the watercourse has eroded the bottom part and it's all tree rooty etc

i suppose with the dogs it's the dogos mindset and the fact as they are more solid they can control the pig more /anchor weight?

the bayers when they engage it get thrown around more don't they .

ive seen  a fair few of these  with dogs on wild pigs, and regards the Dogo  , i really believe from watching these vids  ,  they the Dogo  are ok if they can have it all they own way, meaning put on the small to mid size pigs, in most cases the Dogo  not far of the size of the pig. now it be very different ball game on a big   300lb +  boar  , they not so keen then. i go on a good Oz site and they tried over the year the Dogos, and the Oz lads weren't over impressed  with them,  they soon went back to there x bred  holding dogs - danexbullmastiff  stagxdane x ebt    etc just proven / tested   x bred dogs , like what we do over here   lurcher x lurcher .:yes: