beamish78

Drop Shotting Small Jelly Lures For Zander And Perch Part 2

Do you ever get pike on those lures or are there none in the cut you fish?

Do you ever get pike on those lures or are there none in the cut you fish?

yes, whilst they were electro fishing earlier in the year they had a 24 and a 32lb pike out the local cut

• Like 1

Cracking stuff, perch is my favourite species, used to fish for them in the Thames on a stick float with brandling, we used to grow our own bait in steel stillages with hesian sacks sandwiched between horse manure, lift a layer or sack and all the worms wood dangle , great times, Atb Joe

• Like 1

its all about time with me, drop shot and micro jigging is great for me, just chuck the rod and the bag in the motor and off i go.

Edited by beamish78
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, walshie said:

Getting the hang of it now mate. Nice. 

More luck than skill, I can assure you lol

Been probaly 6 times now cant catch a f***ing thing. Micro frys. Small jelly lures medium ...big ect ect walked few miles other day with a member off here and we had f**k all...  not easy atall to say the least

2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Been probaly 6 times now cant catch a f***ing thing. Micro frys. Small jelly lures medium ...big ect ect walked few miles other day with a member off here and we had f**k all...  not easy atall to say the least

Maybe your just pants at it, Lol. If the fish are not in front of you then you won't catch them. Had two takes on a very large jointed pike lure earlier but lost both. They have very boney mouths and are a twat to get a secure hook in.

Edited by beamish78