Drop Shotting Small Jelly Lures For Zander And Perch Part 2

Had an hour the other evening and an hour at dinner today. used the same method 3oz drop shot lead, fluorocarbon to a size 4 drop shot hook then fluorocarbon again tied directly to the braid. on the hook was a jelly minnow. not the best of conditions on either outing but nowt can be done about that, for me its just a bit of time away from everything. catching something is a bonus.

post-104679-0-57781400-1508246102_thumb.jpg

post-104679-0-63282100-1508246245_thumb.jpg

Edited by beamish78
  • Like 11

I just cant get on with drop shotting, too unnatural, I cant help but retrieve!

At least youre getting amongst em, I cant buy a bite from a zed at the moment. Ill be out with some Roach heads fished static soon!

Im beginning to think my local canals have been electrofished and the zeds removed!

Cheers, matt

At least youre getting amongst em, I cant buy a bite from a zed at the moment. Ill be out with some Roach heads fished static soon!

Im beginning to think my local canals have been electrofished and the zeds removed!

Cheers, matt

the have electro fished very hard around here, but there are still a few about, just have to find them, no big shoals anymore just singles mainly.

• Like 1

Cheers, matt

y

when the cut has all the rubbish off the trees on the bottom or the wind and boats are pushing it along then use a drop shot and retrive. Gives you far greater control.

• Like 1

Thats a nice fish pal. Been doing quite a bit of perch fishing this last week, can't quite work out their feeding habits this year they seem to switch on and off. Had loads out on jigs and dropshot on the ancholme and canals around stainforth and aire and Calder but nowt over a pound. Went back to the ancholme and had a couple of better ones but they didn't seem to be on it, and on my last trip I was watching them ignore every lure I put in front of them and only got a couple, fortunately one was a new pb which must have had a look at my dropshot for a good 5 mins before taking it more out of curiosity than feeding hard.

Thats a nice fish pal. Been doing quite a bit of perch fishing this last week, can't quite work out their feeding habits this year they seem to switch on and off. Had loads out on jigs and dropshot on the ancholme and canals around stainforth and aire and Calder but nowt over a pound. Went back to the ancholme and had a couple of better ones but they didn't seem to be on it, and on my last trip I was watching them ignore every lure I put in front of them and only got a couple, fortunately one was a new pb which must have had a look at my dropshot for a good 5 mins before taking it more out of curiosity than feeding hard.

just keep ringing the changes, nothing more can be done.

try going whie its raining or very windy sounds simple but all this summer i have been lure angling perch on a pond near me and they have always taken the bait but recently they just tailed off, tried a few new lures and it gave a little bitg more results but nothing like it has been like. but now iv started to get out in the bad weathe rmore, bagging up again, i think its to do with the fry, but who knows

I'm not so sure, same swims, same time of day, same lures, same weather conditions and fish acting completely different lol. Not just perch either, spent the other day in heavy rain laid on my stomach at the top of a high banked drain trying to catch chub which are really skittish on leger, only 1 to 2 feet deep but got them confident over my bait, tried bread, maggots and worm just not interested in feeding, only managed a couple of small chub up to about a pound the day before and a couple of roach same sort of size. Nice to catch in those sort of venues as opposed to a commercial but they ain't half tricky to hook lol. I suppose like anything it is maybe right place, wrong time and they will switch on at some point.

I'm not so sure, same swims, same time of day, same lures, same weather conditions and fish acting completely different lol. Not just perch either, spent the other day in heavy rain laid on my stomach at the top of a high banked drain trying to catch chub which are really skittish on leger, only 1 to 2 feet deep but got them confident over my bait, tried bread, maggots and worm just not interested in feeding, only managed a couple of small chub up to about a pound the day before and a couple of roach same sort of size. Nice to catch in those sort of venues as opposed to a commercial but they ain't half tricky to hook lol. I suppose like anything it is maybe right place, wrong time and they will switch on at some point.

been out this evening, blowing a gale, not a fish to be seen. had a couple of very light takes. zander but not committing to the bait fully